Chapter 17

Chapter 17

A/N, thank you guys for another journey this is the last chapter, but don't worry there will be an epilogue to come by the latest Sunday morning. Thank you all so much for your support and your votes. Yes, I did make over the 50,000 word mark to win NaNoWrimo and again I thank all of you. xoxo Dianna

(Picture of the Church------>), and please enjoy the sing Johnny Gill's You for Me. 

It was unreal; I was in a constant state of surprise these last two weeks and stepping out of Ellis car and onto the sidewalk in front of the fully renovated and decorated Orphanage had me standing there gaping like a fish. Ellis had refused to let me set foot anywhere near the place while the repairs were being done. He wanted me to be surprised and he had the children come to visit me instead at our home. Ellis had finally talked me into giving up my little apartment and into moving in with him, and although I was wary at first, I have settled in and I couldn’t imagine my life without him in it.

As we made our way up the steps cameras flashed and I remembered that the press was on hand tonight to capture the black tie event held right here at the Orphanage on Christmas Eve. All who had contributed, participated, and paid for the privilege to see and be seen was on hand for the catered Christmas dinner and the midnight mass to follow at the church later on tonight.

As we stepped through the doors, I had to laugh at the some of the sour expressions on the kids faces as they pulled and tugged on the Christmas outfits. The boys especially with their starched shirts and neckties, but God they looked so adorable. I had to take a few pictures of them myself with my cell phone. Mrs. Russell came bustling by and she immediately handed Jayden dressed as a cheery Santa Claus into Ellis’ arms, and my heart fluttered away at the look of pure adoration on his face. I knew that this little man was going to make an appearance in our lives in the near future. I know Ellis was up to something, but I wasn’t sure what it was. I have long since learned to just go with the flow. If my man was determined about doing something, then it was a done deal even if God himself came down from high and said otherwise.

With Jayden held securely in his arms we made our way through the house and said hello to all the people we knew, his clients and the bustling staff from the Bistro. Rafael came forward with a curious Kara on his heels firing off question after question about his cooking and if he liked doing it and so forth. And I had to hand it to the big man, he patiently answered her questions and even made her his assistant for the night and she squealed and clapped her hands as she jumped up and down and proceeded to tell him to put what dish where on the table. It was hilarious to watch the big man handle or her handle the big man I should say.

Even some of the more flamboyant of the Sugar Babies were queening it up and they were busy gushing over the toddlers in the finery, while their Daddies looked on nervously obviously not wanting to caught up in the baby boom of the night. Mrs. Russell had already explained to me that two of the older kids and three of the toddlers were up of adoption already, and my heart melted with the happy news.

Ellis excused himself baby and all and went to over to speak to some of his clients and Stephanie and her boyfriend. I saw Father Rodriguez and the Arch Bishop entertaining some of the City Council members and I waved at them and kept on going. I was on the hunt for Mrs. Russell when I nearly ran right into her as she came out of the nursery and closed the door behind her.

“Oh goodness, love, there are so many people in here tonight and all the kids are overexcited with all this attention. Bethany and Ada are having a rough time settling the babies.” She said as she laced her arm through mine and walked me through to the lounge.

“Huh babies, so are there more than just Jayden in residence then?” I asked her as we made our way to the buffet table.

“Yes we had a set of twin girls, newborns that the social workers brought over from the Hospital; the poor little mites were abandoned in the Emergency Room and needed emergency placement. And we got another three month old boy taken from neglectful parents, but we are in the process of contacting the grandparents for the child and see if they are deemed fit for placement.” She said as she made her food choices.