Chapter 14

Chapter 14

(Sweet Timothy----------->)

Stephanie kindly escorted the last members of my legal team and my public relations team out of the conference room, and she walked back over to highly polished table and sank down in the chair next to mine. My assistant kicked off her heels and rubbed the arch of her foot as she released an exhausted sigh.

"Remind me to give you a raise, have the paperwork on my desk as soon as you get a chance, and thanks for making everything happen this afternoon especially after the last minute notice I gave you when I came trudging in here today. I hope I didn't make you miss out on anything special with your man having you work so late tonight?" I apologized as she smiled and shook her head at me.

"Even if you did, I wouldn't have missed having a hand in what you are planning to do. I think it's awesome, and it will be great publicity and community interest for the business. I can't believe you are finally going to get in front of a camera." She gushed and it was my turn to roll my eyes at her.

"This isn't about good publicity for my company; this is about using my company and its multiple contacts to do something for these poor little children. Stephanie you should have seen their little faces. The genuine delight they had because someone brought them something as simple as a pastry. No way can I sit back and not do anything, and yes Timothy is a major influence behind this push. The foundation that we are creating in his name is for the long term care of these kids and children to come in the future. So yes, I am using my resources to do something." I replied and spun around in my chair. My only concern now was how to explain all of this to Timothy and hope and pray that he will be alright with everything that I am doing.

I already had all my Sugar Babies on board, and all the attached ones were working on convincing their Daddies to help my cause, although I have sent them the detailed portfolios, especially those who were not available to sit in on the teleconference earlier this afternoon. And I have exactly twenty four hours to convince my little love before my plan goes public with the televised collection drive will take place in the city center.

 Yeesh, talk about dumping alot in Timothy's lap. I just hoped that he will see my efforts as something positive and not something I am doing to my own gain points or even as something to impress him. That is not the purpose behind my drive to do this. In the beginning that may have been the plan, but know after seeing the children and the staff of St. Paul's, and especially after speaking with Father Rodriguez about the financial situation of the church and the local Arch Bishop. Yes, they were dire straits and I am going to try my best to help them. It has become just as important to me as it is to my little love.

Checking the time, I told Stephanie to go home. There is nothing more to do tonight and I have basically been cracking the whip all day between the multiple meetings, talking to city officials, the press, and the Church. Now, it was time for one more conversation, and that will take me exactly where I needed to be in order to pick up Timothy after his shift ends in two hours. That will give me enough time to eat, get take away for Timothy and talk to Rafael and pitch my idea of a holiday buffet to the big Italian man.

I took my time and made sure that all the notes and documents I have complied today was in the file folder I planned to use and present my case to Timothy later on tonight when we got home to my house tonight. I gathered everything and placed the papers in my rarely used briefcase. Thomas will keep it safe until I got home later with my little love. I made sure everything was secured in my office and then I made my way down to the lobby. I shrugged into my coat and stepped outside. The wind chill was brutal as I stepped out onto the sidewalk and I handed Thomas the case and waved him off. I would just cross the street rather than have him drive me two blocks just to make a u-turn to come back and drop me off in front of the Bistro.