Chapter 8

Chapter 8

(Ellis' penthouse--------->) ***Warning there is a little naughtiness here.***

Timothy's eyes were as wide as two desert plates when he stepped off the private elevator and into the foyer of my penthouse. His head swiveled from left to right as he studied my home, and again I felt a pang of guilt.

I come and go from this place almost every day of every week when I chose to stay in the city instead of commuting to my house that was a little further upstate, in the rural area where I kept my house and stables with my horses. And I'm sorry to say, I do tend to take the finer comforts that my wealth has afforded me for granted. And Looking at all the trappings through Timothy's young fresh eyes made me want to appreciate everything I have even more.

His open awe and delight with the things in my home made me want to shower him with everything his little heart desires; but I knew if I did, it wouldn't go over so well with him and I would possibly end up losing him. Timothy's reaction alone to the small donation I tried to make for his Orphanage proved that hands down. So, I will just have to figure out another way to help out his valiant cause and hopefully get him to let me provide him with the necessities he needed.

"This is really nice." He said as I ushered him further into the penthouse. I helped him out of his jacket and I took it and his gloves from him and hung them in the hall closet. Timothy stood there looking like he didn't want to touch anything. I stepped up close to him and I drew him into my arms, and I loved the way he immediately cuddled into my chest like he was made to fit there.

"Baby, this is my home, not a museum you can make yourself comfortable, you can sit anywhere and touch anything you want. If you have a question about how to work any of the electronics, just ask. I want you to be comfortable when you are here." I said and he just nodded his head under my chin. Timothy is too cute for words. "Come on; let's see what we can whip up for dinner." I said as I pulled away from him and led him by the hand down the hall and into my kitchen. And Again, I watched him as he studied his surroundings.

I eased him onto one of the bar stools at the center island and made my way over to the refrigerator to see what my housekeeper Mrs. Collins had stocked in there for me this week. She usually prepared dinner for me in the evenings when I asked her to. But Most times I didn't because I preferred to eat out and sample the multitude of food the multiracial city had to offer.  And As busy as I am on a daily basis, I hardly had the time to cook as much as I wanted to.

Hmm...I had some choice selections of steaks on hand, and immediately my mind went to grilling them with my special marinade and pairing them with diced potatoes and roasted red peppers. I turned to him and he was curiously watching me with those big green eyes.  "How about steak and potatoes?" I asked him and smiled as he vigorously nodded his head in agreement.

"Can I do anything to help you?" He asked as he scooted off the stool and tentatively opened both sides of my restaurant grade refrigerator.

Suddenly, he started hopping up and down as he pulled the tub of chocolate ice cream out of the fridge, along with milk, and caramel sauce. "Milkshake." Timothy informed me. "Yum...Chocolate." He finished as he piled his findings on the counter top. His head snapped up and his gaze searched around the kitchen and I knew exactly what he was looking for.

I walked over to the pantry and got the blender from off the shelf and carried it over to where he was literally bouncing in place and plugged it in for him. I opened one of the drawers and I handed him the ice cream scoop and I pointed to the cabinet where I kept my glass tumblers. Once he was situated, I went back to infusing the marinade into the beef so that I can place them on the indoor grill.