Chapter 22

AJ POV

In Her Dream...

I was inside my mansion after I passed out from the intensity of the pain. I began walking around, and everything was the same. "Duh AJ"I thought and smiled. I suddenly felt so much sadness. I had to stop walking because it started hurting me. I sat on the floor and held my chest in pain. The pain began to travel to my stomach and I felt like I was dying. I groaned as the pain raked through me. My fangs slid down, and I wanted to cry.

"Ahhhh"I screamed to the top of my lungs.

Then all of a sudden the pain stopped. I was breathing heavy as I tried to grasp what just happened to me. I walked to the kitchen, and grabbed a bottle of blood. I leaned against the counter and thought about everything that had happened in the real world. The coven was attacked again by the Peeps, and they have Ana's body. Then to top it off me and my father are injured. Many vampires were killed, and now we have a missing body. "Great"I thought. "This is just what I need when everything is going great in my life".

"Alexandra are you okay"I heard a weeping Alex ask. Her voice was distant, but I turned around to see if she was behind me anyway.

"Alex"I said with a tear running down my cheek. I started thinking about the coven, and how Alex would have so much to do. She was still a young HVIC, and all this is a lot for her. As I thought about this the pain began in my stomach again. It felt like I was getting stabbed over and over again. I held my stomach in pain as I walked slowly over to the couch. I began to cry softly as the pain intensified.

"Alexandra stop worrying about me, and the coven. Your hurting yourself, and your preventing yourself from healing"Alex said. The pain continued in my stomach and soon it was as if my body was on fire. I closed my eyes tight, and tried my best to stop thinking about Alex and the coven. Then all of a sudden the pain had stopped. I smiled weakly at my accomplishment.

I sat up and stared at the blank TV in front of me. All of this was too much for me.That's when Alex suddenly appeared out of thin air.

"THE HELL!" I said as I jumped in fear.

Alex was just in front of me and her eyes were red, and tears were running down her face. My chest began to hurt again, but not from pain. But from all of the sadness I could feel between me and Alex's link. I sighed heavily and she smiled. I stood up and gave her a reassuring smile. But it faltered as I remembered that this wasn't reality. I failed her, and the coven.

"Alex I'm s..."I said before I felt Alex's arms around my neck. She broke down into more tears.

"Sh...shut up...Alexandra. Your killing yourself...p...please stop worrying about me and the coven. I need you to heal and get better. Please...please don't go"Alex begged while crying.

"But Alex I can't. I failed you and the coven. My dad he's dying"I said saying the last word in a whisper.

"Your dad is better now. He got out the hospital two days ago. AJ you've been in the hospital for a five days"Alex said as she was still hugging me. I tried to pull out of the hug. She hugged me tighter. "No...not yet. I need you Alexandra in my arms. Your safe and not hurt here"Alex said. I smiled at this. Then I realized what she said.

"Wait my father is out of the hospital?"I said.

"Yeah, he's been out for two days. He stopped by, but I wasn't awake then. He's worried about you Alexandra. We both need you to get better"she said. I nodded my head.

"OK Alex I'll try"I said and Alex pulled away with a sniffle. Her hair was messy, and I chuckled.

"Don't laugh at me cry Alexandra"Alex whined.

"Baby I'm not laughing at you. Your hair's just messy. It's like a rats nest"I said and burst into laughter. Alex hit my arm playfully. She kept looking at me. "What?"I asked. Her eyes began to water up again.

"I just wish you were like this in reality"she said. I sat down and patted my lap. Alex smile weakly, and sat on my lap."It's going to be okay love. I'll be better tomorrow okay. I promise"I said.

"Okay"she said and held my hand and squeezed it. I kissed it softly. That's when Alex's body began to fade. "What's happening?"she asked as she stood up. I giggled and looked at her.

"You gotta go. Someone's waking you up"I smiled. She sighed, then her eyes began to water again. I wiped her eyes. "Alex, calm down okay. I'll heal quicker, I promise okay. After I'm fully healed we can be together and we can find Ana's body"I said. She nodded. I planted a small kiss on her lips, and she smiled in the kiss. As I pulled away, her body vanished.

End of Dream