Chapter 32

AJ'S POV

This Is The same Day as The Assembly In The Arena...

As my father left the arena I realized Lillian was still present, and many vampires eyes glared red at her as she stood next to me. Some were some of the women my dad used to date. I chuckled. That's when a few ladies passed holding hands and Lillian looked disgusted. That's when I felt Alex move away from me a little bit. I tried ignoring the movement, but it was really eating at me. I looked at her, but she looked away from me. That's when I decided to play at her little game.

"Hey Lillian, don't you need a ride home"I asked her with a smile. I just noticed but she was pretty cool if you got past her homophobia. I looked back at Alex and she looked shocked.

"No, I'm fine." She smiled.

"You sure, ya know we're kind of like in the forest. It'll be a looong walk"I said as I didn't feel like being around my wife, who obviously was too disgusted with me.

"AJ it's not tha-"Alex said as she touched my arm but I shrugged her away.

"So what'll it be Lillian?"I pushed ignoring Alex.

"I'll go." She gave in, half willingly. Maybe my father was getting through to her.

"Kay come on, let's take my car, or do you prefer motorcycles"I said as we began to exit the arena. Alex was frustrated but I didn't care. I was just going to let her get herself together while I dropped Lillian off.

"I am afraid of motorcycles, so your car please." She said with a gentle yet weak smile".

"You remind of...never mind"I said as I didn't want to bring up Alex around Lillian. Alex really irritated me. I tried not to think of it as I opened the door for Lillian.

"Here ya go"I said with a small smile.She hopped in, and strapped in leaning against the window.I walked to the drivers seat and pulled off down the road. "Where do you live?"I asked.

"482 Pine Ave, small green house." She responded.

"Kay"I said as we drove to her house. The ride was rather quiet, so I tried to start a conversation. "So...um what do you do as a living?"I asked.

"Well, where you first met me I was a little grouchy, and at the ring shop I was depressed. So now I work at a cake shop." She responded.

"So you like baking, that's great. I'm not that much of a fan of it. I almost burnt the mansion down when I was fifteen trying to bake. Then again when I was eighty. How long have you been baking?"I asked as I wanted to get to know Lillian a little better.

"Wow you're young. I've been baking for only 2 years. I'm more of an artist." Lillian said.

"Really, that's great. I'm not that young actually, I just look the part. I'm actually two hundred and three years old. How old are you?"I asked as we neared her house.

"Witches don't keep track of their ages." She chucked. "Or maybe its just me." She said

"Oh okay. Well thanks for agreeing to help us fight tomorrow. It'll help us a lot"I said with a smile.

"No problem"she said as I pulled up to her house.

"Ta-ta young vampire." She said and skipped up the stairs.

"Bye"I said as I pulled off. I didn't want to go home yet, so I decided to go to the store and buy some alcohol. After I parked my car, I walked into the store and saw a group of teenagers buying some alcohol. I chuckled slightly as I remembered how I used to do the same with Anabelle. I decided to buy me some Lime Coors Lite, and a bottle of Bacardi. As I was walking to the line to purchase my drinks I heard the teenagers argue with the clerk.