Chapter 17

A/N-Sorry guys its a pretty short chapter.[Zykkia]

ALEX'S POV

I woke up the next morning from a soft knock on AJ's room in the coven. I walked to the door disregarding my nakedness. I opened the door a little bit,so the person couldn't see my body. I saw Alexis and she looked livid.

"What's up Lexi"?I asked.

"Trying not to be all the way late." She responded.

"Late for wha...Oh shit I forgot. Give me fifteen minutes" I said and shut the door in her face.

She mumbled something under her breath but I didn't catch it. I ran to the shower and took a quick shower. I threw on a pair of denim jeans with a pair of my blue convesres. I finally decided to wear my Stanford sweatshirt.

I brushed my hair as fast as I could. Then I grabbed my bag and books and wrote AJ a simple note. As I was about to leave I remembered I forgot to brush my teeth. I sighed heavily as I brushed my teeth and I smiled in the mirror. I put my backpack on and grabbed the handful of books and left AJ's room. I ran out of the coven and saw an impatient Alexis waiting for me. I smiled, but her smile did not falter.

"I'm done you ready"I said asking the obvious.

"Nope, I am not ready, let's go." She responded. We decided to run to school since I woke up later. We reached the school in under five minutes.

"See ya later Lexi"I said as she hugged me before she walked away.

I walked to the medical building and went to class. Before I entered the class I peeped my head near the door frame and everyone had their lab coats on.

"Shit she started class earlier"I said to myself. I walked in the class and the professor was in the middle of a lecture. She paused and glared at me.

"Good morning professor Jenkins"I said as she killed me with her eyes.

"Alexandra you're late"she spat out. Professor Jenkins was a vampire who looked to be about fourty-two years old in humans years, meaning she was about five hundred years old in vampire years.

"I know I forgot to set my alarm clock"I said truthfully, as I put on my best puppy dog face.

"So in the middle of surgery will you forget the scalpel in your patient. Will you forget to remove the tumor in your patients brain. Will you forget that Alexandra"she said as her tone changed.

I felt like I was a little kid being scolded by her parents. I wanted to cry. I shook my head because tears were about to flow.

"Okay then. Next time be early to my class. I don't expect such behavior from one of my stellar pupils. Now take your seat and turn to page 276 of your lab book"she finished. I nodded and did the walk of shame to my seat. All eyes were on me but I ignored them to the best of my ability. I sat next to my partner and best friend Skyler. She handed me my lab coat. I put it on and turned to the correct page.

"So, how is life?" She asked, twirling a pencil in her hand.

"Fine until I got here"I whispered as a tear dropped on my book. "Gosh these emotions. I bet AJ's feeling this now"I thought.

"Aw, give me a hug?" Skyler said opening her arms. I hugged my friend and she patted my back. Thankfully the teacher didn't see us as her back was turned towards the smart board. "Thanks Sky"I said with a smile.

Before she could reply professor Jenkins began to speak. "So class in May you all turned in your essay's. They were perfect except a few. I'll call you guys up for your grade. First up is Skyler"professor Jenkins stated.