Chapter Twenty Two

Mulai dari awal

“I think I’m buzzed.” He whispered softly into my ear as I giggled sitting up.

“ I might have to agree.” The bottle sat empty in the sand a few feet over, the last of its contents in our cups. I kissed his lips softly before turning back to the waves. “What is it about the ocean that relaxes everybody?” I asked him. I tilted my head back to see him, I didn’t really expect an answer but he smiled down at me before answering.

“Simple. The ocean is its own thing. It can’t be controlled - but it can be monitored. That’s not the point though. Its the peace and quiet, the family time, the moment when the wave ends and another follows that gives us a sense of tranquility.” I turned so my legs were falling softly at his sides my forehead on his. I gave him a peck before whispering “So perfect.” He chuckled his right hand cupping my cheek pulling me closer to him.  He then reached over to the basket and pulled out the last two containers. One had a big piece of cake the other had chocolate covered strawberries. Classic picnic. I shook my head as he opened the cake one and grabbed a small spoonful, the soft brown frosting mixing in with the soft pink cake with dark red speckles. He held this out in front of my mouth as I opened it and he put the spoon to my lips. I took the cake off the spoon, my taste buds agreeing with the strawberry chocolate mix. He smiled taking his bite, licking his lips after the spoon left his mouth. I then grabbed a covered strawberry and held it out for him. He laughed and opened up while I dropped the strawberry in. His lips gently brushed over my fingertips while he bit the strawberry of its stem. He then grabbed one mid bit and did the same thing to me.

After finishing my bite,  I tilted my head and smiled over at him. He smiled back setting down the container and cupping my face in his hands. He brought his lips onto mine as I kissed back wanting more than just a kiss. Knowing what I want I stopped kissing him and asked “Want to go to my apartment?” he looked into my eyes, just as passionate as me and sheepishly nodded. I mean we have had sex a couple times, we aren’t addicts to it, just addicts to each other.  We picked up the picnic put it in my trunk and headed to my apartment. Once inside we headed straight for the bedroom, after Eli picked me up and attached his lips to mine. In one gentle swoop I was on the bed, Eli above me. His lips trailed kissed along my next bringing me this ecstasy I never knew was real. But it it, it so it. “Ohh.” I gasped out as his lips nipped at my soft spot. He lifted my blouse up his hands finding my breast giving me less time to collect myself than I thought.

Laying in his arms naked was a new feeling. I didn’t know this feeling of protection was there. Oh but it is. His arm were securely around my waist. His head next to mine breathing in and out softly. The way his whole body kept me thinking nothing was going to hurt me. It was indescribably perfect. “Char can I ask something crazy?”

“What is it?” I asked looking at him. He held my cheek, his thumb going over my cheek in soft strokes.

“Move in with me. With me and the girls, move in with us?” He asked. My eyes widened before looking into his to see any trace of joke or- “Char would you please move in with us?”

“Are you positive? Are you sure you want me there all the time. I might annoy you, make you aggravated-” His lips found mine causing me to shut up in the most rude yet gentle way ever.

“I am positive. Living with you will be amazing. I want to wake up next to you everyday. Have breakfast with you and the girls. Please?” He asked me his eyes bore into mine while he pleaded his case.

*

The last box was put into the back of his car and as he shut the trunk it hit me. I was going to live with Eli and the girls. He turned to me, his face breaking out into this gigantic smile, I knew this was not just the right thing, it is the best thing I could have done. He was quickly right next to me and picked me up and spun me around. I laughed as he gently set me down kissing me gently. “This is happening."