Chapter Five

Elijah

I brought the kids to my moms earlier than normal just so I can get this meeting over with. I wish I had the whole day off but no. Even though I canceled everything someone this one meeting was still in play. I stopped at starbucks getting breakfast and coffee before heading back to work. Once I got there everyone was in the meeting room ready to start as I sat at the head of the table and the presentation began.

About 3 hours later it was 10 and I had an unexpected meeting to attend at the magazine company downtown with Jeremy as we both headed out. Once we got there the interviewer asked me questions about my firm and Jeremy about the business. After the interview and some pictures it was 1230 and I had to go get my girls. I got in my car dropping Jeremy back off at the firm and heading to my moms. I opened the door seeing them help her cook macaroni and cheese. I smiled leaning in the doorway seeing them all dance to the radio. "I hope there is some for me." I said getting all their attentions and having my girls run up to me hugging me. "There sure is Daddy." Bella said kissing my cheek before running back over to my mom. Em smiled up at me. "You get to meet Miss Charlotte today daddy." Her smile was so bright, it was like Miss Charlotte was everything to her. I bent down to her level picking her up in my arms.

"I can't wait. Is lunch ready so we can go to the mall girls?" I asked walking into the kitchen behind my mom giving her a side hug with Emma on my left side. "Almost." My mom said pulling out plate and having Em and Bella help put the macaroni in the four bowls. We all sat at the bar the kids talking about what they did in school.

"Miss Charlotte and Miss Jane brought their classes together and we created one big banner of pretty things." Bella said.

"Yea Miss Charlotte helped me and Lacey make a bunch of flowers and bees." Emma said smiling.

"That sounds great girls, do I get to see this at school today?"

"Mhm." They both mumbled with a mouthful of macaroni. When lunch was done it was around 115 and we left to go to the mall my mom going to hang out with some girl friends from her yoga class. Once we got to the mall we had a hour before heading back to the school. We shopped in two stores getting some tops and skirts, pants shoes, hair stuff, girl stuff before getting ice cream and heading back to school. Once we got there I took a wet wipe and gave them half each as they wiped the ice cream evidence from their face. I checked myself in the mirrors and in the reflection of the car before grabbing there hand and having them lead me to Miss Charlotte's room. Along the way the girls waved to a couple of girls and boys, probably friends from recess or class today. I bit my lip seeing two girls talking outside the door that read Miss Charlotte. I got a closer look at the one with brunette hair, she looked oddly familiar. Have I seen her before- and the blonde, her face seems familiar, the hair not so much, but the brunette, everything I remember....from what or who?

"Miss Charlotte." Emma said running up to the brunette. Charlotte...Miss Charlotte..... Charlotte.... Charlotte......Charlotte Hayes...Charlotte HAYES! The beauty from highschool I would sorta 'stalk' in the halls or class. God, I couldn't think of anyone better teaching my daughters. That  must mean the blonde is Jane, her very best friend. Charlotte Raine Hayes, Char, I smiled at the name, she was something of beautiful back in highschool,  now she is just breathtaking. "Hi Emma. " Charlotte said bending to her level and giving her a hug. "Hi Miss Jane." Bella said waving , "Hi Miss Charlotte."

"Hi Isabella." They said in unison. I smiled at Charlotte who looked shocked at first upon seeing me there. I bit my lip wondering if she remembered me. She then shook out of it holding out her hand. "Hi I'm Miss-"

"Charlotte." I finished for her, with so much force to say her full name and not her nickname I gave her.

"Yeah." She nodded our hands finding each other and slowly shaking them as our eyes were locked. Her eyes were breathtaking, so deep brown and light all at once.