We are not a thing!

We all went silent. I felt mixed emotions. This is going against my future rules. I was supposed to go to college, work, get married, possibly have a child and live a goddamn good life. And I wasn't going to kiss anyone until I was sure I was happy with them. This is all of Zachary's fault!

I was still in his grip with everybody watching and Nick boiling. "What the hell," I didn't yell but it was low enough for only Zach to hear. Before I could start snapping, Nick throws my body over his shoulder and marches to the house, "Let me go! LET ME GO!! NICOLE!!," he threw me in the ground. I know Nick hates the fact that his name is Nicole, my dad was nervous when he signed the certificate and forgot how to spell Nicholas. I saw my friends walking towards us and Zach avoiding my brothers glare.

"What you call me?" he leaned down closer to me. My stubbornness got the best of me when I replied "Nicole," I got up and ran. Ran to a tree that I've been climbing since I was 12, Nick on the other hand was hot on my tail and almost caught me.

"Guess what little sister, dads going to kill you! for kissing a boy! And I'm calling him now" I jumped from the tree hurting my feet and ran after him. "You wouldn't dare!" he smirks. I jump on his back and take his phone, I was being so fast though that I threw it into a street and a car came zooming by. Seems like karma for me, Nick stares at his smashed and cracked phone before facing me and walking very fast to me. Zach being the tallest person there, was useful and I jumped into his arms, climbing his back "This does not mean we are a thing!" Dylan groans when I say that.

"Maya, you can't be up there forever and when you come down, I'm going to kill you" he walks into the house. I jump down from Zach's back and face him. He looks away from my eye contact and his cheeks turning red, "Look at me Zach." His brown eyes bore into mine "I'm sorry Maya. I couldn't help it," Charlotte comes by my side heated.

"You know what you've caused Zach? You caused hell for the two of them and yourself. Good luck. Your gonna need it" she walks to my house with Dylan and Vicky. Wendy runs to the house before I can even glance at her, "She's right you know" he nods his head. It wasn't even awkward standing there with him, just very... very something.

"But you kissed me back," he holds onto my shoulder, "I felt it. And I felt something that I've never felt before Maya. Your changing me, I know you felt what I did. Didn't you?" I look away, I did fell something in that kiss and I don't want to admit that. His huge hand holds my chin moving it to his face. I'm not ready for love or for liking anyone. I'm not mentally or physically prepared for that. "Didn't you Maya?" he steps closer making me want to step back, but I stepped forward as well.

"I did" I whisper. He wraps his arm around my waist and gives me yet another kiss. But this was different, for 1 it was longer and 2 it was filled with compassion. The kiss was sweat and I liked it, but I'm so dumb for doing what I did ,

I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed Zach back.

I kissed Zach Powers back and I think I liked it.

~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~

Zach's POV

She kissed me back. I picked her up since she's so short and I had to bend my back. Her squeal was slightly loud but cute, after all she's scared of heights. All I wanted to do was hug her until she pops and have her for myself. Maya places her small hands on the side of my neck and places her forehead on mine. Is this real?

CRASH!

Reality crashed in and I realized what I have truly done. The bet! I have to break it off, I could have a chance with Maya and live happily. "We can't be together Zach, Im not ready for a relationship and I don't think it would work."

"Friends with benefits? We could be that" she ponders the question for a very long time. "I'll give it a-meaning one- try. Do you understand me Powers?" I nod my head proudly. Placing her down and walking towards her place.

"I don't want to be changed" that was the last thing she said before we entered the house. Now I'm in a knot. What am I going to do?

:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;;;;:;;;:;:;:;;;:;;;:;:;;(:;

"We're not a thing. But I suppose friends with benefits," I spoke to the lady's while doing my homework, "And Char you have to be my minion for a week, Vicky....change seats with me at school for Language arts" they nod all in unison.

"GUYS!" they run into my room with smirks on their face. They won't be smirking after this, "Dylan buy my lunch for the week, and Zach get me black converse" now I'm smirking. Dylan sighs and Zach... he's still smiling. Strange.

"Well I'm going to put in a movie and probably fall asleep" we get settled on the couch as I put in Catching Fire. Zach sits on my right and Wendy on my left. The warm blanket my grandma made was thrown over us by Charlotte "Thanks Char" she nods blowing me a kiss, which I laugh at. Dumb ass places his arm over me and lays my head on his chest, the heat rushes to my cheeks.

"Relax," he murmured in my hair and I listened. I listen to his fast heart beat and wrap my arm around his torso, his heart beats faster. Finding it quite amusing a chuckle escapes my mouth. "What's so funny he looks me in the eye with a hint of confusion.

"Your heart beats faster when I touch you and I think it's funny" he looks away quickly not saying a word, the truth can be embarrassing. Then the movie starts, everybody is quiet as a mouse, knowing that if they speak during my favorite movie, they will get hurt.

Slowly though, much to my dismay my eyes start to shut and I feel drowsy. Might as well call it a night.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Monday Morning

"Oi!" I hear somebody yell when my alarm goes off annoyingly. Zach still is asleep and my eyes are still shut but I decided to get up anyway. Rolling off of Zach was harder then I thought since he caught me, it's like he's a sleep catcher. I sit on his stomach and countdown

3

2

1

SMACK!

I smacked him so hard my hand started to hurt and his cheek was red. "Maya! what was that for !!?" I shrug getting everybody else up nicely and getting dressed. Wendy and Char wear my clothes but Vicky packed. Char was wearing my blue plaid jeans with a gray Babi shirt with a beige cardigan. Wendy wears my a black shirt and white jeans but her red lifeguard hoodie was on to. After 20 minutes of thinking, I put on black skinny jeans, a white hooded shirt and my American Eagle hoodie. It didn't fit for some reason and I thought I just got skinnier. "Ready girls?" they all giggle but nod.

Dylan was wearing light blue jeans and a black hoodie while smirking at Zach. Zach had on black jeans and a white button down shirt "You guys sure aren't a couple" Wendy say while laughing with everybody else. Im completely confused until Dylan says something "You look good in his hoodie" I think about what he talking about and immediately panic. I start to take it off but Zach stops me "He's right you do look good leave it on. It's fine with me" I shake my head and take it off anyway, "I didn't know it was yours." That was is embarrassing, I ran upstairs and found MY American Eagle hoodie. Knowing my dear 'nice' friends they'll be talking about this all freaking day.

There was a soft knock at my door which was Zach, who walked in closing and locking the door behind him, creepy much. I was sitting on the floor covering my face that still had a very bad blush to it. "C'mon" he try's to drag my hand away from my face but I have it glued there (not literally).

"Go to school without me, I'll be fine" he's quiet for so long that I think he left. I put my defense down and there he still is, looking at me with a smirk, I look at the floor. "Come on Maya I'm not leaving to school without you," I nod and stand up but I don't face him. This blush will probably be here all day.

"Let's go love birds. If your done making out we would like to head to school!" and then there's more of a blush. Great.

Can school go by fast today?

?????????!!!!!!!!!?????????!!!!!!!?????!!!!!

UPDATED
don't forget to

VOTE

COMMENT

WHO SAW MOCKINGJAY ??