Chapter 22~ The best gift

Start from the beginning

"You can have a drink if you want to, love" you told Loki

"Nope. If you can't have wine, I won't either. We are going to do this whole thing together."

You smiled to yourself. 'How sweet of him.' You thought. After everyone got there drink they showed off there presents to one another. Heimdal had gotten a "universes best Grandpa" shirt, while Thor had gotten one that said "universes coolest uncle". Tony, Steve, Clint, and Bruce all got a mug that said 'cool uncle squad', Pepper and Nat got key chains that had 'awesome auntie squad' and Peter had a shirt that said 'big brother' on it. You sat on Loki's lap and rested your head on his chest, allowing him to play with your hair. 

"You like your present?" You asked, slightly sleepy 

"It was the best gift ever." He said lovingly

—Loki's POV—

~~A few Hours Later~~

A few hours later Stark was pretty drunk and yelling at everyone to sit down in a Cirlce because it was time to play truth or dare.  I really have very little interest in this Midgard tradition, but my darling seems to like it so I decided to play with her. Stark staggered into the circle and sat down. Placing the empty wine bottle in the center, he span it. It landed on peter. 

"Dare." Peter said, trying to look tough because he was sitting next to Rogers.

"I dare you to call your little girlfriend and invite her to this awesome party." Stark said, as if he planned to do this to Peter. Peter blushed slightly and called some girl called MJ.

"H-hi" he said nervously "um I I was wondering if you wanted to come hang out with me? Oh I'm uhhh I'm at the avengers tower...okay. See ya"  he hung up the phone quickly. "She said she'll be here in a few minutes" he said quietly 

"Yeah! Alright Peter!"my darling laughed "smooth move bro" she teased. He blushed and span the bottle. It landed on me. 

"Truth" I said, not really wanting to do anything to entertain Stark right now.

"Okay..ahhh...what's the thing your worried about most with (y/n) being pregnant?" Peter asked.

"Well," I said a bit hesitant, my happy mood dampening. 'Does his puny brain not understand why he should never ask me a question like that?' I think  "I'm worried about how to keep the baby as healthy as possible. That way there's no way that we could...that it could...so there's no way the past can repeat itself." I said finally, looking away. Slowly I can feel my usual hard and collected self was coming back. My love placed her hand on mine and pecked me on the cheek in an attempt to lighten up my spirit. It worked.

"Your turn" she whispered. I spun the bottle and a great mischievous smirk played across my face when it landed on Tony.

"Dare." Tony replied instantly with his drunken confidence. 

"I dare you to drink whatever I give you without question." My smirk grew bigger as I looked over to Thor who was smiling back at me.

"You wouldn't give him poison right Loki?" Pepper asked a bit worried.

"Relax," a drunk Stark said "I got this."

"And that's not really a question you want to know the answer to pepper," Clint laughed

I poured some orange juice in a glass 

"Pshhh," Stark went "that's all you got?"

"Actually, no. Thank you for asking" I smiled as Thor handed me a vile of clear liquid. The very same liquid Stark had given to Thor's Lady friend. " recognize this?" I questioned mockingly, holding the vile in my hand. Even in his drunken state I saw recognization wash over his face. 

"Now now, reindeer games. Don't do that."

"What?" My brother  laughed "surely and experienced drinker like you should have the stomach for it right Stark?

Stark looked from my brother to me, clearly seeing he was trapped. He said nothing. I poured the vile into the drink and mixed it together. I handed him the cup. He looked at pepper and said 

"Whatever I say or do when after I drink this....I don't mean it. Unless it's good, then I mean it 100%" and with that he chugged the juice and threw the cup behind him. After a few more rounds, Stark was already acting like a complete fool. Maybe I do like this game...

—morning—

I awake in the morning to my darlings hand in my face. I simply chuckle as I look and see her spread out across the bed and hear her light snoring. I can tell she is going to sleep in late today considering how late we got back home last night. I take my darlings hand off of my face and gently pull her into my arms. She nestles her head in my chest and mumbles a bit. She means the world to me. And now she's carrying a child....my child. I think about the question Peter asked me last night. That truly was my I biggest fear, is that something would happen to my child and that I'd loose him again. My mind starts going through all the possibilities of all that could go wrong. Each possibility more terrifying than the last.

"Ow." (Y/n)s sleepy voice shakes me from my thoughts. It's only then I noticed I was squeezing her really tight against me. 

"Sorry love!" I say and instantly loosen my grip. 

"What's wrong?" She asked, sleepiness still in her voice

"I was lost in thought and I didn't realize how tight I was hugging you. Sorry love."

"It's okay love." She pauses "what we're you thinking about." 

"I was just thinking about all that happened last night." 

"Oh" she said "you're...you're happy about it...right?"  

"Yes of course! I'm extremely proud and excited. Don't ever think differently." I say passionately 

"Okay. Just making sure." She said, nesting herself back into my chest. "Love you."

"I love you" I said, kissing her softly on the forehead. I feel her drift back into sleep. As I slip back into my thoughts I make myself a promise. 'I vow to do everything possible to keep the baby healthy. And to let absolutely NOTHING get in the way or harm my child.'

A/n: what do you think? Pretty nice change of pace right? Let me know if you enjoyed this chapter and don't forget to comment and vote!! P.s. I don't know what it is with me and the people scenes were they always think in bed lol I never plan for it to be like that it just kinda happens. It's probably because I do most of my thinking in bed. Okay that's enough from me. Author out!