Flashback_Picnic 45: Pandeia

I knew Hades didn't really want to go to a picnic nor does he want to hear me play the piano, but I didn't mind. He agreed either way, so that atleast tells me that he was trying to make our relationship work and if I have to be the one who does the pushing for a while, I will.

I waltzed into the kitchen and everyone jumped in surprise.
"Chef, I need you to make a picnic basket for me and Hades, please!" Lothar smiled, there was some sauce on his face from when he jumped in surprise from my sudden appearance.
"I'll make Hades favorite food for you, I'm sure he will most appreciate it." It never occurred to me that he might have a favorite food.
I kinda assumed he would be like gloomy about food.
You know, food is food.
"Really, what is his favorite food?" The chef called me closer and whispered in my ear.
I giggled at that what he said. "Really? I would have never guessed that Hades was that kinf of man."
That gave me an idea. "Show me how to make it. It can't be that hard." Lothar stared in horror at his lady's request.
She blew up the kitchen last time and that was only cookies, but he could not deny her. She was very eager to learn and frankly, Lothar was a sucker when it came to Lady Pandeia.
"Sure my lady, I'll teach you." Lothar was amused about how happy she is and he prayed, very hard, that the kitchen will make it out alive.
"Great, we have about four hours. Let's begin!" I really wanted to make it special for Hades.

The whole day Hades kept his eye on the clock. He didn't want to upset Pandeia after her last episode.
"You look eager for lunch today." Thanatos mocks him, Thanatos full well knows why he is keeping time.
"Buzz off Thanatos. I do not need your so called advice or observations statements." Thanatos only grinned back. "Oh whatever do you mean?" Hades wanted to strike Thanatos, but decided against it.
Besides, it was near lunchtime.
One of the maids enters the room and gives hin a letter and then runs off again. In the letter Pandeia told him where they would meet. Well a letter would be an understatement, it was so fancy decorated into a scroll.

Dear Hades, also known as my Husband

I hereby, formally, invite you to join me for an outing.
We must take advantage of this beautiful weather.

Please meet me at the garden at lunchtime,
I will be waiting!

Yours,
Pandeia, also known as your Wife.

He shakes his head at the 'formal' invitation. Deep down, he felt all weird, no one has ever really done so much trouble just to get him tobgo somewhere.
He usually jusy says no and they give up, but not Pandeia

I was soo nervous about the picnic, but also excited, mainly worried about the food and well, everything else

Lothar assured me that the food was good, but that didn't stop me from worrying.
I've set the picnic place up, made it a little fancy for Hades.
My mother gave me alot of tips on how to deal with Hades, so I am confident that soon he will soften up. One thing I could never understand was why my mother never married or atleast a long time lover when her job is literally to put people together. She never answers the question too so over time I just left it as one of the mysteries of her that I will never know.
"Pandeia, I'm here." Hades called me out of my thoughts. He really looked out of his element.
How is it possible to look confident and uncertain at the same time.
"Great, let's go." I grabbed his hand and he flinched, but I paid no mind to it and dragged him to the perfect place I made, I know I said in the garden, but I did not exactly say where.
I could have easily got the place wrong and then Hades was in the wrong place or maybe me. So I couldn't risk it, so I just said at the entrance of the garden. Much safer that way.

Hades was a complete wreck as they walk up to the tree that Pandeia said the picnic was. Just how far was she going to drag him along. "I am so glad you came." She said and he coughed, "I did say I would, didn't I."
Her smile held so much joy, "You did!"
They finally reached the place where the picnic was suppose to be.
He couldn't say anything because she dragged him so fast to the blanket to sit.
Pandeia did all this for him?

"Chef Lothar helped me made alot of yummy food for us

"Chef Lothar helped me made alot of yummy food for us." She packs the food out and giggled. He couldn't help but admire her, how can someone be so cheery?
"So I don't know all the foods name, but Lothar told be it was the best picnic food so..." She picked up a slider.
"Say aahh." He wanted to ask what she meant by 'aaahh', but the moment his mouth opened she stuffed food into it. He just sat there wide eyes at her actions. The slider stuck in his mouth.
Did she just stuff food into his mouth?
She suddenly laughs. "You are suppose to chew Husband." and he did, still confused at to what just happened.

Pandeia continued with her friendly streak, she babbled about who knows what and often asked him questions about the realm that he happily answered for her.
As the picnic went on, he noticed how nervous Pandeia actually was and he hadn't really seen this side of her.
"Are you oky?" He tries to bring some sort of...comfort?
He's never asked someone that in his entire life. He never needed to know if someone was oky, he simply didn't care.
It felt so foreign comming out of his mouth.
He was sure it sounded like he asked if it was oky for her to be killed or something.
He was never the soothing type and his voice never helped.
"Yeah I am fine." She squeaked and he gave a really, really small smile without even knowing it.

I see him smile and I instantly feel more relaxed, my nerves are killing me and I keep babbling. It's so embarrassing!
This wasn't a disaster or a bad idea after all, Hades seemed to be somewhat enjoying it.
"I made you something." I whispered and his eyes never leaves mine.
"Oh?"
I take the dish out of the basket and show it to him. It is not really food, but Hades loves it. Lothar sweared his chef's hat on it.
"You made me...jelly?" he sounded very confused.
"I... I did." I blush. I couldn't tell him how many times I failed in making him jelly. It seemed so easy when the chef made it.
"Your favorite, strawberry with custerd in the middle." He smiled and he took a bite. "Thank you Pandeia. This is delicious." I was so happy that I tackled him into a hug, totally forgetting that he was holding his jelly and it fell on his face.
"I am so sorry!" I begin to cry, I screwed everything up. Then I heard him laugh. I thought I was imagining it, but when I looked up, I knew I wasn't.
There was Hades, laughing with pudding on his face. "This has never happened to me before, jelly on my face." I laughed with him and I knew everything will be fine between us.

True to Pandeia's words, she did actually play the piano for me after the picnic. Even if it was a simple song like twinkle litte start.
She played it with a smile.

It was time for Hades to go back to work.
We walked side by side to his office in silence and then we stopped atbhis door.
"Thank you Hades, I really had fun." I say to him. He pursed his lips together. His red eyes swirling, I really could stare at them forever.
"Likewise."
I didn't want to push him by giving him a kiss, so I smiled and walked away.
Hades's hand touched my shoulder and when I turned around I felt his lios on mine, just for a second, and then Hades was gone.
I blinked, touching my lips. My whole body was one fire.
I think I might be sick, my heart is beating way too fast.

🌸🌸🌸

Twinkle little star, the theme of Pandeia's baby shower!

Btw the video shows I think 12 different versions of it! Feel free to listen, but Pandeia played the first one for Hades.