Chapter 26

Molly Weasley was in the kitchen preparing lunch for her children and Hermione Granger, who had just arrived a couple days ago, when a loud crash came from the living room, startling her so bad she dropped the pitcher of water she was holding, ignoring it as it shattered to the floor spilling its contents all over the floor. She held her wand up as she slowly began making her way towards the living room where the sound had come from.

"Mum what's going on?" Ron asked as he began making his way down the stairs, the others not too far behind him. "Are you alright?"

"Stay where you are, all of you." Mrs. Weasley said, holding out a hand to him as she slowly made her way into the room, wand at the ready as she looked around for any intruders who could've made that noise.

Ron and Hermione exchanged worried looks as they watched his mother walk around one of the worn out couches then look down at something on the ground in front of the fireplace. At the sound of her horrified gasp they, along with Ginny and the twins, ran the rest of the way down the stairs to Molly.

"Bloody hell." He whispered as he knelt next to his mother who sat on the floor with Alison Potter's head on her lap trying to wake the unconscious girl.

"Fred send a message to your father. George, the Order." Mrs. Weasley said through her tears as she brushed some of Alison's hair from her face. "Ginny get a warm bath ready and some of your old clothes, she's vomited on herself and she's covered in soot from the fireplace. She must've Flooed here from wherever she was. Ron and Hermione, help me get her upstairs." Everyone flew to their positions the moment Molly gave them, too much in shock to give replies.

Ron carefully lifted Alison up by her arms while Hermione grabbed her legs, following his mother up the stairs to the bathroom. "Blimey, what happened to her." He asked as he looked the girl over.

She was still in the same clothes she had been wearing at the battle at the Ministry but they were completely filthy and covered in fresh vomit and they hung off her more so than usual skinny body.

"She probably escaped." Hermione said, trying to keep the tears in her eyes from spilling over. "Hopefully she'll be able to tell us what happened and where she was so the Aurors can capture everyone who was involved in this."

"You two send a message to Sirius and St. Mungos. Tell them to send a doctor over as quickly as they can." Molly sais once they made it to the bathroom. She sat on the floor next to the tub and had then lay Alison down so her head was in her lap once again. "Ginny and I will get her cleaned up."

"Do you think she'll be alright?" Ginny asked as she and her mother stripped Alison's disgusting clothing off of her then held her head up to keep it from going under once they got her into the tub.

"She'll be alright, dear." Mrs. Weasley said she as washed the dirt and grime from Alison's hair and body. "She's tough like her brother, she'll pull through."

———

"I fear I may have stolen a wondrous night from you, Harry." Dumbledore said as they left Slughorn's temporary house. "She was truthfully, very pretty. The girl." He clarified at the black haired boys confused look.

Harry quickly looked away, his face burning. "It's alright, sir. I'll go back tomorrow, make some excuse." He said with a shrug. In truth he hadn't really minded Dumbledore's interruption. He had spent every waking minute all summer trying to figure out where his sister was. He hardly ate, his stomach constantly in knots, and he almost never slept, the nightmares of what could be happening to her too terrifying for him to even consider closing his eyes at risk of seeing them again.