Chapter 25

Harry was grateful that the Dursley's left him alone for the first couple weeks of the summer, much preferring the quiet to what could be constant questions he didn't want to answer. Or even worse: them blaming him for what had happened as much as he blamed himself.

He desperately wished he was back at the Grimmauld Place with Sirius. His godfather always knew what to say to cheer him up and with the house being the Order's headquarters, he could help in the search for his sister. Or at least know what was going on about it.

Sirius had promised to send him as many updates about Alison's whereabouts as much as he could, furious as well that Harry couldn't stay at the house for the summer either. Dumbledore just wouldn't allow it no matter how many people begged and pleaded.

So far, over the past two weeks, he'd only received a couple letters from his Godfather. One saying they had searched several known Death Eater hideout locations and hadn't found anything yet. The second saying they were getting very frustrated at how Voldemort always seemed to be one step ahead of them.

As Harry promised, he'd sent letters to Ron and Hermione once a week though, they were becoming rather short and repetitive, only saying how he was still alive and Alison was still nowhere to be found. Ron had responded by telling him that he, Fred and George have been trying to eavesdrop on the Order members whenever they came to share information with his parents but hadn't heard anything interesting yet. Hermione had told him to try to stay positive. That Alison was probably fine and would be home very soon, and that she loved and missed him as much as he did her.

They were trying to cheer him up, he knew, but they seemed just about as hopeless as he was beginning to feel. Three weeks with absolutely nothing.

He ran a hand through his tangled black hair and sighed as he left his room, making his way downstairs, into the kitchen. He relatives were at one end of the dining table eating their breakfast and chatting away happily about all the great things going on in their lives. It made Harry feel sick and angry. They'd gotten over the fact that their niece and cousin was missing, kidnapped by some of the most cruel and twisted people on the planet, way too fast for his liking.

He rolled his eyes as he walked past them to the fridge, looking for something small to eat. His appetite still hadn't returned but he hadn't eaten anything at all the day before and he knew passing out from hunger probably wasn't the best use of his time. Unfortunately, his uncle saw his eye roll and stood up.

"And just what do you think gives you the right to have an attitude with us this morning?" Vernon asked, Petunia and Dudley freezing in their seats, staring at Harry too.

He sighed and shut the fridge, leaning back on the counter as he looked at them. "Just not really in a pleasant mood this morning." He mumbled.

"You're never in a pleasant mood, that doesn't mean you can throw around attitude like that." Vernon said as he sat back down and continued to eat, clearly done with the conversation.

But Harry was not.

"My sister was kidnapped by Voldemort! The man who murdered my parents!" He exploded, accidentally causing their glass cups to shatter in his anger. He ignored them and their startled gasps. "He tortures and kills people just for fun and now he has Alison, I think I have every right to be in a bad mood!" He stormed out of the kitchen, snatching an apple off of Dudley's plate on the way, and ran back up the stairs to his room, slamming and locking the door behind him.

He set the apple down on the desk in front of the window, between the two beds and flung himself onto Alison's bed which hadn't been touched since last year, before they went to Hogwarts. He began to sob into her pillow, clutching her favorite doll to his chest. He missed her so, so much. She had always been his rock, the one that made him smile when he was upset and the one that was always able to motivate him to keep going. He felt so lost and confused and angry all the time without her.