Chapter 13

The next morning was Sunday so the Potters were able to sleep in which Harry was extremely grateful for because he still felt miserable for being chosen and Ali was always such a grouch if she didn't get at least eight hours of sleep.

After much debate, Harry thinking it was a horrible idea because Sirius could overreact and get himself thrown back into Azkaban and Alison thinking that Sirius would rather hear the big news from them than the Daily Prophet, they headed to the Owlery with Hermione to write to him about Harry being chosen champion.

Once they got there, Hermione handed Harry a piece of parchment, a quill, and some ink then began to look around at all the owls with Ali.

Harry sat down against a wall and watched the two with a small smile on face before beginning to write.

Dear Sirius,
You told me to keep you posted on what's happening at Hogwarts, so here it goes- I don't know if you've heard, but the Triwizard Tournament's happening this year and on Saturday night I got picked as a fourth champion. I don't know who put my name in the Goblet of Fire, because I didn't. The other Hogwarts champion is Cedric Diggory, from Hufflepuff.
Hope you're okay and Buckbeak
- Harry

Once he was done, he looked over at his younger sister. "Ali!" He called. "Do you want to write something to him too?"

She turned with a wide smile on her face and nodded eagerly. She quickly walked over to him and sat down on the cold stone ground, taking the quill and parchment from him. "Thank you."

He smiled a bit and set the ink down next to her and placed a small kiss on her forehead before walking over to Hermione. "Ron still upset with me, isn't he?"

She sighed a bit as she looked out one of the window. "Yeah, he is. But Harry, you have to understand; he's got all his brothers back at home that he's got to constantly complete for attention with and you're famous and constantly get attention. I know it's not your fault though." She added when he saw an angry expression form on his face. "But you know it's true."

Harry sighed and leaned against the wall. "Yeah I know." He looked over at Alison who was writing to their Godfather with a content look on her innocent face; an expression he hadn't worn in such a long time. "I wish that just for one year we could have a normal school year so she would only have to worry about the normal things an eleven year old girl has to worry about. Our first year Voldemort attacked me which scared her half to death, then he possessed her and nearly killed us, then we nearly get killed several times last year because of the dementors and when Lupin turned into a werewolf."

Hermione put her hand on her friend's arm. "You're a good brother to her Harry. You keep her safe no matter the cost and you'd drop anything and everything to comfort her when she's sad or needs help with anything."

Harry couldn't help but smile a tiny bit. "I guess."

Hermione smiled a little and opened her mouth to say something else when Alison interrupted her. "Harry I'm done!"

He turned and smiled as he walked over. "Okay let me see it so I can send it off."

She nodded and handed her brother the parchment and while he got it tied to the foot of an owl, she handed Hermione the ink and the quill who put them back in her bag.

"Hermione? Can I ask you something?" The younger girl asked.

Hermione nodded. "Yeah, what is it?"

"My history homework, I don't understand it and I know for a fact that Harry didn't pay attention in that class. Could you maybe help me with it?"