EIGHTEEN

{ long, twisted, newly tried out, significant chapter ahead, sorry not sorry!  Ed Skrein cast for Karstark Knox! }

»»-««

018. THE AVENUE OF ESCAPE

( the pathway or route along which someone or something escapes. )

»»—————————««

The street was a skeleton, bared of its flesh long ago by the basaltic spires that thronged. A frisson of terror ran up Myra's spine when she saw the TIE line fighters arrive on their atmosphere, decimating terrified civilians and igniting amber flames just like in her Sight. 

She had known Iego in its blasphemous, silent and deadly glory for too long, To see the stillness in the city tainted with the devastation felt like ice in her veins instead of blood. A thousand moons of Iego above were no longer visible, cast away in a cloud of endless smog. 

This was no longer her home, it was a war-ravaged land. The towers of obsidian that stood tall and housing women and children crashed right before her eyes as a cavalry discharge set off a grenade at the base. Her hands clamped her mouth in horror to silence her ear-piercing scream, looking for some way of entrance into the black-crested palace.

"Help us, please!"

Myra held the tattered looking woman by her shoulders and then saw the young infant in the circle of her arms, its face brandished with soot and dust. A brisk blink of her eyes, made her snap out of a trance.