SEVENTEEN

017. ALL GOOD THINGS MUST END

( All experiences, even pleasant ones, eventually end. )

»»————-————-««

Arriving back on Sorgan was like returning home to Myra. She was no longer part of the regular course of their lives, everyone was out of kilter and there was no gaucherie as she had expected. The people of the tribe had continued with their routine, however strange it was that they were gone for far too long. 

The Mandalorian had proposed turning back to Sorgan to recruit a certain Cara Dune for protection of the child and to eliminate the Client that he seemed to hold a deep investment for hurting. 

So if I close my eyes, he had asked her before he had fallen into a hopeful slumber the last night. Do you promise you won't leave? Myra had only shoal laughed, draping a thick blanket over him before she held his hand tighter in the significance of a promise.

When Din had woken up, it was to a shallow napping Myra, her eyes shut as if in contemplation. He had no heart to shake her out of it, watching her lips flutter with soundless words and her jaw tightening as if she were seeing something that she didn't want to see. He saw the ominous tattoo of an eye gleam a deep magenta, confirming his theory. 

I love you, she had said again. Myra had taken a liking to say it out loud, a laugh leaving her in awe of her own words every time she did. It sounds so exciting, she admitted. Din had muffled his laugh into her bunched cheeks, shaking his head. Say it as much as you want.

While their little confession had brought out a newfound trust between them, Myra had come to understand how much more astonishing it would be, to be a human alongside the man she admired. To have a heart, she thought quietly. Every time she was with him, she craved to be human and have a beautiful sort of mortality in her life. To bear young ones, to nurture them and to die old.