SIX

006. A CRYING NEED

( a definite or desperate need for someone or something. )

»»————-————-««

"I heard that a witch aided you through the commission, Mandalorian."

Din Djarin was swift to realize that admiration and resentment were the same trains, but bound for in the opposite directions. In order to receive a new relationship, one had to deplane onto the platform and wait for the next train to arrive. Whatever it may come bearing. Besides, what was he thinking? A witch and a Mandalorian? It was like forcing two opposing poles of a magnet to attach. Even if the analogy seemed simple, it would always be a disaster. For something so steadfast needed deep trust, something both of them had lacked. 

When the mystery Client spoke of Myra, the hand on his lap had fisted tighter. The child had been wheeled away at this exact moment, its dark, gentle eyes prodding at him with a small coo. It had disappeared behind the door.

"That's none of your business," he managed to spew out, failing to hide the irritation that laid beneath.

"Gone for so many centuries, and one appears on the radar," the Client hummed indifferently, leaning forward in subsistence. He knew where this was going to go and he wasn't going to do it. "Do you know a youthful witch's extent of abilities?"

"No."

And, he did not want to know since he had been on the receiving end of it for a while. It was worse coming from the man who took this innocent child in for who knows what.

"Shaping reality itself," the Client explained. "Ultimate control and unlimited power. Or so I've heard; she is quite the vision herself. They were vamps on my planet."