FIFTEEN

015. SEALED WITH A KISS

( By extension, written and sent with love and affection. )

»»—————————««

"Take it away from me. From my planet."

"She's yours, Hyllus. Ours."

What Myra loved the most about Din was his smile. The way his lips lifted upward and his eyes seemed to get swallowed with the only traces that were left behind were the twisted crescent moon shapes of them. It reached his eyes when it was genuine and she could tell, with her, it was almost always. 

"Please," the woman sounded urgent with her demand, "I have nothing to give her but my hope. I don't have time, my love."

Her almond eyes stood out amidst her cocoa-dark skin, cradling the silk bundle in her arms like it was her lifeline. Tears trickled down her face like nectar from a newly bloomed flower, her being itself too beautiful to be delved into sorrow. She wore a black shawl over her body, concealing herself from the eyes of the common folk. 

"Then give her away to another family," a man told her off. "Anywhere but here."

Myra liked to touch Din—never only in an intimate way, never only just his body or his lips. His skin seemed to sink where she touched him unlike hers, a little dust of freckles along his shoulder or the humane warmth that would crevasse against her. It was like she belonged to him, or he to her.