Chapter 17

Chapter 17

-Alex-

I never actually knew when I fell for Louis. I thought it was when I received that love letter. But now that I look back, I was in love with Louis since he wrote, 'Hi Alex :)'. That one simple note, changed my life. 

And now, every note and letter from day one, was posted on my wall. Not one inch of paint was shown from behind these messages. 

You have a beautiful smile.

I'm too nervous to talk to you anyway. 

-Why are you nervous?  I'm just a girl, nothing more.

I wish you knew how wrong you were about that. 

I remember being so confused when he wrote that. The look on his face when he showed me, it was pure seriousness. Like nothing would change his mind about what he wrote. 

Those were the last notes before he left. He left me confused for a year, until I got the letter. Everything made sense. I thought I fell in love with him right then and there, but looking back on it, I've been in love with him the entire time. 

-You're an amazing singer! 

Thanks! That means a lot.

-Really? Do you not hear that a lot?

It just means a lot coming from you. That's all.

I felt so special, yet so confused. Why was he so happy to hear it coming from me? But now I know why. And now it makes my heart warm knowing what he felt. 

I'm such an idiot for not realizing it sooner. Even though it all started when I was a naive 13 year old, I should have figured it out before I got his letter. 

So I've been practicing my signature. 

-Why? Planning on getting famous? 

Yes! Just watch Alex, I'm gonna be famous and you'll be dying for my autograph!

-Definitely. Want to give me it now? I'll be the first girl in history to have your autograph! Every girl will be so jealous.

That's not the only reason they'll be jealous.

-Why else would they be jealous? 

I was 15 when we had that conversation. Just a little freshman in my high school. But even then, I was still too stupid to realize what he meant. 

Why they'd be jealous? Because I stole his heart. Because I was going to be his girlfriend.