Chapter 4: As Defunct As Always

Hayley and I sat across from the computer where Davina's face was grinning in front of us. The Mikaelson Wags had grown accustomed to having chats every now and then as we were the only ones who could commiserate with the pain attached to loving a Mikaelson.

"So, you're in Belize, Keelin is in Lebanon, Fiore's here, why is everyone else going on fun vacations besides me?" Hayley groaned as we chuckled. "I mean damn it, Davina you are glowing."

"Thanks." She said with a laugh. "The wag with the most."

"Technically, the only wag wife now." I commented. "I got no Klaus; Hayley's had no Elijah for close to a decade. And you've got an enormous ring on your finger."

"Yeah but you've got kids, so you're way ahead of me." She replied with a giggle. "How are they?"

"Well Elliott is AWOL, still looking for Stasia." Hayley said with a sigh. "I am convinced he made this girl up in his head. It's like she doesn't exist."

"You know Elliott, never one to pass up a challenge." Davina told her.

"He's gonna start aging soon." Hayley continued. "That'll be weird. But he seems excited about it. Which has made me excited for it."

"Enjoy while it lasts." I groaned.

"Gracie acting out again?" Davina asked knowingly, making me nod in tiredness.

"She's like a bleeding alien sometimes." I told her.

"Can you blame her?" Davina replied. "As someone with daddy issues of their own, it's hard not to go a bit crazy."

"But you basically got a replacement one in Marcel." I countered. "Who might be joining the wag crew any minute now."

"You don't sound convinced." Hayley queried.

"Because I'm not." I confessed. "Rebekah is not gonna get married until Always and Forever is back in effect. The eternal promise of marriage is nothing to her when the eternal promise of family deteriorated before her very eyes."

"And do you think that's ever gonna happen?" Davina asked sadly.

"I gave up on that a long time ago." I answered with a shrug.

"And your marriage?" Hayley added.

"Just as defunct as Always and Forever." I mumbled bitterly, causing Hayley to comforting squeeze my shoulder when her eyes lit up.

"I have an idea about how we can get Grace to calm down." Hayley told me warily. "But you're not gonna like it."

"What is it?"

"You should go see Klaus."

"No."

"Fiore—"

"I am never going anywhere near that man for as long as I live and that has nothing to do with the danger it would put me in." I snapped. "He destroyed me. He hurt me, he hurt my daughter, Elliott went from loving him more than the air he breathed to despising him within minutes and you want me to try and convince him to ruin our lives more than he already has? No."

"Not to undermine your parenting." Davina began with a sheepish sigh. "But I think Hayley's right. Grace will always want to know Klaus, because it'll feel like something is missing there. And we all know he'll only listen to you."

"If Klaus wants to step up to be Grace's father, then he will." I snapped. "But I am not going to travel to Nowhere town France to try and force him."

"Rey—"
"That's final."

**********************************************************************************