Chapter 12 | Day 12 - Christmas Lights and Last Day

Start from the beginning

The best kind of expression to have.

And the fact that it was because of me makes it so much more amazing to look at.

His expression changed ever so slightly to a serious one, "okay, we really got to get going though. We will be late."

"Fine," I sighed loudly, rolling off him and onto my back, still on the bed. But at least I got off him right? I closed my eyes and stretched out a bit, physically and mentally preparing myself to get out of bed and be productive.

I don't know why-

My eyes flung open suddenly when I felt pressure on top of me. Once I opened my eyes I was greeted with the best view imaginable.

"Like what you see?" Bennett asked with a wink from his position on top of me.

My breathing increased, along with my heart rate the longer I stared at him. What is this boy doing to me? And how can he do it so easily? All he is doing is straddling my hips and winking at me.

So why is my heart beating like it's going to fall out of my chest and I'm breathing like I just ran a 10k run?

The moment ended as soon as it started. Bennett climbed off me and stood by the bed, a smirk on his face and the joy emotions dancing still in his eyes, this time there was something else in the mix. I don't know what it was, but I have seen it a lot and I know that I never want to see it go away.

I still laid there, trying to regain my breath and refocus my attention.

"Ready baby?"

Just when I finally regained my composure he pulled that card and reset me back to how I was before.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Finally I opened my eyes and my breath returned to the original composure it should be.

"Okay, I'm ready. Where are we going?" I asked, standing next to him, resisting the urge to hug him and press my body next to him. We've been doing that all day, I could handle a little bit of distance between us.

"Just you wait, it's a surprise. You've just gotta get dressed and I'll take care of the rest," he responded, winking again.

And once again, because of that little wink, my heart went into overdrive.

"Wait!" I nearly cried out in fear, panic on my face and in my voice, "I don't have any of my winter gear."

"Don't worry about it. It's not needed. But don't get me wrong, we will be going outside," he paused to smile a bit, "I see that face. Trust me, I have it all taken care of."

"But what if I get cold," I said, crossing my arms across my chest and raising my eyebrow at him.

"Trust me, I have it all figured out. All you need to do is go to my truck. I'll take care of the rest," he said winking once more.

Of course he winked again. And once again, my heart went crazy.

He waved me off and told me to get in his truck once more, this time I listened and headed out of his room. But first I made a pit stop at the bathroom to look at myself and freshen up a bit.

I don't like the fact that Bennett isn't telling where we are going or that I don't need to wear any winter gear - trust me I am grateful for that - but I don't like being left in the dark.

Thankfully I am dressed pretty much for anything - leggings and an oversized sweater - so I don't need to worry too much. I still put on my winter jacket and my beanie, because you can never be too safe or warm. Plus they fit my outfit and they were in style.