Chapter 23

Evagline's pov

I shot up into a sitting position, feeling a burning pain in my chest. I felt like I was being ripped apart. I double over in pain and hope the pain would go away. I force myself into a sitting position after for a couple minutes of being curled up on my bed. I try not to focus on the pain when I noticed that the air was thick. It smelt like fire.

I scramble out of my bed. I step onto my feet and feel them crumble beneath me. I take a deep breath to try and try to stable myself, but end up letting out a strangled cough. I stand back up with shaky legs and use my bed to help my self up.

As soon as I was up and somewhat stable on my feet, I launched my feet into action. I ran down the halls as fast as I could. I stumble a couple times then put my hand on the wall to hopefully prevent any falls that could hold me up from what I needed to do.

I rush down the halls, I couldn't be late, I need to get her to safety before it's at a point I can't return from. The panic makes me regret how I treated her, how I couldn't get out of my head long enough to make her love me, so see I wasn't as much of an asshole as the rest of my family.

I see the walls flash past me as I run. I end up stopping in front of a door, I look at it for a second and then I hear a noise coming from inside. I quickly open the door to see my parents laying on their bed. I jog up to the end of the bed. I see my mother's wide eyes looking at me as she wheezes. I look down to find a stake, sticking out from her chest. I look at my father to see he already looks dead, I cant hear the slow rhythm of his heart that I remember. I look back at my mother to find her passed out.

I won't cry, I won't shed a tear for my family who treated me like an object, a thing to be used for their gain because I would never choose to marry a man and bring children into this world with parents who don't love each other, who were forced to be together. I could see how that worked out for my parents. so I turn around and walk out feeling the pain in my chest.

As I make my way to the stairs I can feel my eyes blur against my will, I blink them out of my vision refusing to shed a tear. I take a step down the stairs and my foot slips as I tumble down the stairs, hitting different parts of my body as i go down. It doesn't really hurt because of the fact I'm a vampire, but it sure as hell is annoying. I end up at the bottom my body sprawled out. I take a deep breath out and let out a cough trying to get some of the smoke out of my lungs.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
545 words

Vote and Comment!!

I want to thank all of you have continued to read my story, I am extremely grateful for you!! :)