Chapter Eighteen

Michael had gone to work so I invited Luke to come over. When the doorbell rang I let Luke in and brought him into the kitchen.

"Guess what we're going to be doing," I said leaning against the counter.

"What?"

"I'm going to teach you how to cook," I said smiling.

"I can make pot noodles isn't that enough?" he groaned.

"No, you're eighteen and don't know how to cook. I still need to take you food shopping, I haven't forgotten."

"Fine, what are we cooking?"

"Spaghetti bolognese," I went over to the fridge and started taking out ingredients "Don't worry it's easy."

"If I burn down your house, it's your fault," Luke said and I shook my head, continuing to get the rest of the ingredients.

"Here, chop the veg," I handed him a knife and pointed him in the direction of the chopping board.

"Where do I start?"

"Just start with the onion," I said and started heating oil in a frying pan. I turned back around to check on Luke "Don't cut off the root, it'll make your eyes...sting," I added just as he chopped off the root.

"Oops," he said sheepishly and his eyes start watering.

"Even my eyes sting," I said and grabbed a tissue.

***

"See that wasn't so hard," I said as we sat down to eat the spaghetti.

"That's cause you're able to cook," he said and I rolled my eyes.

"You can't live off fast food and junk food for the rest of your life."

"I guess you'll just have to move in with me when you finish school," he said playfully.

"If I move in with you then you're definitely getting cooking lessons."

When we finished eating Luke started washing the dishes.

"I'll be back in a minute, I need lip balm," I said leaving the kitchen to go up to my bedroom, I grabbed my purse and brought it back down with me as I looked for my Vaseline.

"I'm in the sitting room," Luke called out as I reached the bottom of the stairs.

"You finished with the dishes?" I asked putting Vaseline on my chapped lips.

"Yeah, you want to watch TV?" he asked me.

"Not really," I said putting my purse down and walking over to him.

"Is there something else you want to do?" he asked smirking.

"Yes," I said placing my lips on his.

He kissed me back and we stumbled over to the couch. I pushed him down on the couch and sat on his lap with my legs at either side of him. Our lips connected again and the kiss grew more intense. I move my hands down to the hem of his shirt and pulled it up over his head, taking his beanie off with it. My hands went back behind his neck and his hands were on my hips. We stayed like this for a few minutes, taking breaks to breath every now and then.

The doorbell rang and we pulled apart and looked at each other for a few moments.

"Expecting anyone?" He asked.

"I don't think so," I whispered getting off him "I'll answer the door, you go hide somewhere." I fixed my hair and went out and opened the door.

"Ashton?" I asked confused.

"Hey Thea, I think I left my drumsticks here. Michael said I could come over today to check," Ashton said.

"Oh okay, they're probably in the sitting room," I said saying 'sitting room' slightly louder in case Luke was still in there.

I walked into the sitting room, Ashton following behind me. I looked around and saw them on the floor by the TV.

"Here they are," I said picking them up and handing them to him.

"Is Luke here?" Ashton asked and I could feel my heart start beating faster.

"I don't think so," I said playing innocent.

"Really? I thought I saw his car parked down the road," he said, his eyes glancing around the room.

Please tell me Luke grabbed his shirt, I thought to myself, crossing my fingers behind my back.

"It must just be the same type of car," I shrugged.

"Nice purse by the way," he said.

"Thanks?" I said confused.

"I feel like I've seen it before."

"Loads of girls probably have it, maybe your sister does."

"Maybe," he said walking towards the hall "Just one more thing, does Michael know you're dating his best friend?"

"What?" I asked, the colour draining from my face.

"Are you two just hooking up then?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"So you weren't the girl who was at Luke's apartment the day I came over? And that wasn't your purse in his apartment?"

"No."

"You know people can have the same type of car but they can't have the same reg."

"Okay, fine. You're right. Me and Luke are dating, happy?" I said giving up.

"Hey Ashton," Luke said awkwardly walking out of the kitchen, still shirtless.

"Michael will be pissed if he finds out," Ashton said looking at the two of us.

"That's why you can't tell him," I said.

"Yeah Ashton you can't tell him," Luke said.

"I won't but if he finds out, I never knew about any of this."

"You can't tell Calum either," Luke added.

"Really? I bet your friend Megan knows all about this," Ashton said and I just stared at him "Wait you didn't even tell your best friend?"

"No, neither of us told anyone. You're the only person who knows."

"Aw, I feel special," Ashton said pulling us both into a hug "Also you two do know that Michael finished work like ten minutes ago and will probably be home soon, right?"

"Fuck, Luke it's time for you to go," I said and grabbed his shirt from the couch and threw it at him. "Goodbye," I said giving him a kiss on the cheek before hurrying both of them out the door.

Five minutes later Michael walked in the front door.

"Hey," I said to him from the sitting room.

"Hi, anything happen today?" he asked standing in the doorway of the sitting room.

"Nope, really boring day. Ashton came over and got his drumsticks but that literally it."

_______________
author's note
♡ Don't forget to vote ♡