Chapter Twenty Nine

"Why did you pick an apartment building with the world's smallest elevator?" Ashton huffed out of breath after him and Luke had to carry a couch up three flights of stairs.

"I don't think I can walk anymore," Luke said collapsing onto the couch.

"That's what she said," Calum joked walking in the door.

"No that's what Th-ow," Ashton rubbed his arm where Luke had just hit him.

"And that's everything," Michael said putting down the last box on the floor.

I looked around at the apartment, taking it in. It was small, similar in size to Luke's but slightly smaller. Michael wanted to move the couch to another spot, Luke refused to get up so him and Calum lifted up one side of the couch making Luke fall on the floor.

"I'm just going to stay down here," Luke groaned and I bent down and pulled him up, much to his protest.

"The apartment is looking nice," Megan said appearing in the doorway, conveniently showing up right after we had everything brought up to the apartment "Sorry I'm late Larry ate my toaster," she added with a serious face.

"I'm not even going to ask," Michael said unpacking one of the boxes.

Two hours went by and we finally had almost everything unpacked, the apartment felt even smaller and it had barely any furniture in it except a couch and a table and two chairs that came with the apartment. The bedroom only had a mattress and a small wardrobe.

Luke, Ashton and I were in the bedroom unpacking Michael's clothes. Michael asked Ashton to help him with some so he left, leaving Luke and I alone.

"Are we telling Michael today or when?" I asked hanging up a t-shirt.

"While everyone's here?" Luke asked handing me a t-shirt to put on a hanger.

"We could get him alone, Ashton and Megan already know and we can tell them to leave and take Calum with them for a few minutes or something," I suggested biting my lip nervously.

"Could work, are you sure you're ready to tell him?"

"We can't put it off any longer," I said hanging up the last piece of clothing. I walked to the bedroom door and saw Megan sitting on the couch. I called for her to come over and she got up walking over.

"What?" Megan asked walking into the bedroom.

"We're telling Michael about us so we need you and Ashton to come up with an excuse to leave for a few minutes and take Calum with you," I whispered, just in case Michael or Calum would over hear.

"Yeah sure, good luck," Megan whispered her eye's widening slightly.

We walked out of the bedroom and into the main area of the apartment. Luke walked over to Ashton and whispered something to him, most likely telling him what I told Megan. Michael, Luke, Calum and I all sat on the couch while Ashton and Megan sat on the two chairs. After a few minutes Megan said she had to go to the bathroom and not long after Ashton made up an excuse for having to leave and asked Calum to go with him, leaving Michael, Luke and I alone. Luke and I exchanged a look before Luke spoke.

"Michael, uh there's something we need to tell you," Luke said shifting his position nervously.

"We?" Michael asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"Thea and I have something we need to tell you," Luke rephrased.

"What?"

Let's get this over with

"We're dating," I finally said after a moment of silence.

"Very funny, what do you actually have to tell me?" Michael asked with an amused grin.

"Me and Thea are dating," Luke said avoiding eye contact with Michael.

"Tell me you're joking," Michael said, I had never heard him sound so serious.

"We're not," I said but it came out more like a whisper.

"My sister?" Michael said raising his voice "You're dating my fucking sister."

"It just happened, we didn't plan for it to happen, but it did," Luke said trying to reason with Michael.

"And you're dating my best friend. Really?" Michael scoffed turning his attention to me. My vision blurred slightly as tears welled in my eyes.

"I'm sorry," I whispered.

"How long?" Michael asked quietly and neither of us responded "How fucking long?" he repeated practically yelling at that point.

"Three months," Luke said and Michael got visibly angrier.

"Three months! You've both been hiding this from me and lying to for three months!" Michael yelled.

"I'm sorry," I said as tears fell down my face.

"I can't believe you two," Michael said shaking his head.

"Please don't be mad," I choked.

No one talked for another minute or two until the apartment door opened and in walked Ashton and Calum.

"I'm guessing they told you," Ashton said looking at each of us.

Ashton you idiot

"You knew?" Michael asked somehow managing to get even more angry.

The bathroom door opened and Megan slowly walked out.

"Did you know?" Michael asked looking at her and she nodded "So everyone knew except me."

"Can someone tell me what's happening?" Calum asked looking scared and confused.

"Luke and Thea are dating," Ashton said scratching the back of his neck.

"Oh shit," Calum said quietly.

"Everyone just leave," Michael said sighing.

"Michael," I said putting my hand on his.

"Go," he pulled his hand away and stood up.

"Don't do this," Luke said standing up.

"Just fucking go," Michael said and walked into the bedroom, slamming the door behind him.

"Are you okay?" Megan asked walking over to me, I shook my head and she pulled me into a hug.

I knew he'd probably be upset but I didn't think he'd be that mad. Michael had never been that angry with me before even when we were younger and I broke something of his or was annoying him, he never got mad at me. He was usually really understanding and would forgive me within seconds but not this time, this time it was different. The worst part was he wasn't just angry with me. He was angry with Luke, Ashton and Megan and probably Calum too even though Calum didn't even know.

"This probably isn't the time but why did no one tell me?" Calum asked being the first one to talk after Michael left.

"We technically didn't tell Ashton or Megan, Ashton worked it out on his own and Megan overheard me say Thea's my girlfriend," Luke spoke up.

"Michael will get over it, he's never been able to stay mad at anyone before," Ashton said reassuringly.

"His best friend has never dated his sister before either," I said wiping my cheeks with my sleeve.

We all decided it was best to just go and leave Michael alone to process everything. Calum said he'd try talking to him later because Michael was probably least mad at him. Megan, Calum and Ashton all left and Luke drove me home. When we reached my house we sat in silence for a few minutes.

"It'll be okay," Luke said putting his hand on my thigh.

"Will it?" I asked trying to stay calm.

_______________
author's note
♡ Don't forget to vote ♡