Chapter One

"Stop fucking moving so I can put it in!" I heard my brother tell from the kitchen as I walked in the front door.

"Michael I swear if you're trying to fuck someone in our kitchen I will chop off your dick," I said as I walked through the kitchen door. Luke was sitting on the counter while Michael was holding a needle, trying to give Luke a lip piercing. "You're both idiots." I said and Luke smiled, causing Michael to complain about him moving again.

"Thea go away you're distracting my customer." Michael said still trying to pierce Luke's lip.

"Just because you pierced my ears when I was twelve doesn't mean you're qualified to give someone a lip piercing," I watched as he was about to put in the needle "You did sterilise that needle right? Or at least clean it?"

"Obviously, but hypothetically how would someone sterilise a needle?" Michael asked.

"You were going to give me a lip piercing with a dirty needle," Luke said with wide eyes.

"Like I said you're both idiots."

I showed Michael how to sterilise the needle with a flame and gave him some alcohol wipes before sitting down to watch (and to be there in case Michael fucked it up).

"Done, if this gets infected and you die I don't accept responsibility." Michael stepped away and I got up to see the piercing.

"You look good with a lip piercing," I said when I saw the piercing.

"Thanks. Did I ever tell you I love a girl in a uniform." Luke said his eyes looking my school uniform up and down.

"You know who also wears uniforms?"

"Who?" he asked with a playful smile.

"Children," I said and let out a laugh.

"Luke stop flirting with my little sister," Michael said shaking his head.

"Little sister? I'm sixteen not six," I said rolling my eyes.

"Don't care and stop flirting with my best friend," he said pointing at me.

"Oh my god Thea stop flirting with me," Luke said in an overexaggerated voice.

"Well this conversation has been great but I have a weeks worth of homework to do." I got my schoolbag and went upstairs to my bedroom.

***

A few hours later my door opened and Luke stuck his head in.

"Michael wants to know what you want from the Chinese," Luke said and walked in.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Half six, why?"

"How long have you been in our house?"

"Since three...a.m."

I turned around fully in my chair to face him. "Don't you have your own apartment?"

"Yeah but I free food here. Anyway what do you want from the Chinese?" he asked me again.

"Sweet and sour chicken and fried rice," I replied.

"Still doing homework?" he walked over to my desk.

"Sadly." I leaned back against my chair and let out a groan "I left two six page essays until the last night to do."

"Sucks to be you." he said and I gave him a light shove.

"At least I didn't drop out," I said with a cheeky smile.

"Ouch." he put his hands over his heart.

"Go tell Michael what I want, I'm hungry."

"Oh, Michael also told me to tell you Ashton and Calum are coming over." Luke said heading towards the door.

"It's Monday and you all were drinking last night too, this ain't normal,"

"First, we're adults and second, you can't say much we all know you started drinking when you were fourteen if you want to talk about not normal,"

"Fuck off." I said laughing.

"Love you too," he said before leaving.

***

The next morning I woke up to my alarm at half seven. When I finished getting dressed I grabbed my pack of cigarettes and lighter from behind my wardrobe and went downstairs. I opened the backdoor and sat down on the step. I put a cigarette in my mouth and lit it. I took a long draw and inhaled before slowly blowing out the smoke.

"Can I have one?" I jump slightly and turn around to see Luke standing behind me.

"Sure." I pull one out of my pack and hand it to him along with my lighter.

He sat down beside me on the step and lights the cigarette.

"You probably shouldn't be smoking when you just got your lip pierced," I said taking another draw.

"Probably shouldn't have been drinking either," he said exhaling the smoke.

"How are you not hungover?" I asked remembering the time.

"I'm may not be a lightweight but I am a lightsleeper and you're not as quiet as you think."

"My bus will be here soon, I need to finish getting ready." I took another long draw, breathing in and feeling the smoke in my chest. I put out the cigarette and put it back in the box to get rid of somewhere else. "Throw away your cigarette when you're done and don't let Michael see it," I said getting up.

"Don't worry, I will."

I quickly brushed my teeth, put my pack of cigarettes and the lighter in my schoolbag. I see the bus out my window and ran down so it wouldn't leave without me.

_______________
author's note
♡ Don't forget to vote ♡