Ron's New Pet

Graciela's POV

Winter is fully healed and it's time to go home. We won the house cup again. Lupin was forced to retire because Snape let slip that he was a werewolf. God, why do people have to be so narrow minded. He's one of the best defense teachers this school has ever had. I am so going to ensure werewolves are going to have better rights in future.

Nobody at Hogwarts knows the truth of what had happened the night that Sirius, Buckbeak, and Pettigrew had vanished. Except Harry, Ron, Hermione, Professor Dumbledore, and myself. Not even Lupin knows the whole story. 

Malfoy was furious about Buckbeak. He was convinced that Hagrid had found a way of smuggling the Hippogriff to safety. It seemed outrageous that he and his father had been outwitted by a gamekeeper.

Anyway I can't wait to see my family again. I've missed them all, even dad. I'm sitting with Harry, Hermione and Ron in their compartment. "I went to see Professor McGonagall this morning, just before breakfast. I've decided to drop Muggle Studies" Hermione tells us.

"But you got an outstanding on the exam!" I exclaim.

"She's right, you passed your exam with three hundred and twenty percent!" Ron states.

"I know, but I can't stand another year like this one. That Time-Turner, it was driving me mad. I've handed it in. Without Muggle Studies and Divination, I'll be able to have a normal schedule again" Hermione explains.

"I still can't believe you didn't tell us about it" Ron whines. "We're your best friends" he states.

"I promised I wouldn't tell anyone" Hermione snaps and I look at Harry. Who was watching Hogwarts disappear from view behind a mountain. Two whole months before we see the castle again.

"Oh, cheer up, Harry" I tell him smiling.

"I'm okay" he assures me. "Just thinking about the holidays" he states.

"Same, I can't wait to see mum" I tell him.

"Yeah, I've been thinking about them too"Ron tells us. "Harry, you've got to come and stay with us. I'll fix it up with Mum and Dad, then I'll call you. I know how to use a fellytone now" he explains.

"Telephone Ron" Hermione and I correct him. "Honestly, you should take Muggle Studies next year" she tells him. Ron ignored us, how rude.

"It's the Quidditch World Cup this summer! How about it, Harry? Come and stay, and we'll go and see it! Dad can usually get tickets from work. You could come to Grace" he tells us.

"Yeah. . . I bet the Dursleys'd be pleased to let me come. . . especially after what I did to Aunt Marge" Harry states. "What do you think Grace?" he asks me.

"Micheal already asked me to go with him and his mum. Before we boarded the train" I tell them.

"You could still camp with us" Ron tells me.

"I'll talk to my parents about it" I tell him. Harry joined Ron and Hermione in several games of Exploding Snap. When the witch with the tea cart arrived, he bought himself and I a very large lunch. Though nothing with chocolate in it.Which was disappointing.

"Harry. What's that thing outside your window?" Hermione asks him in the afternoon. Harry and I turned to look outside. Something very small and gray was bobbing in and out of sight beyond the glass.

Harry stood up for a better look and saw that it was a tiny owl, carrying a letter that was much too big for it. The owl was so small, in fact, that it kept tumbling over in the air. Buffeted this way and that in the train's slipstream. Harry quickly pulled down the window, stretched out his arm, and caught it. He brought it carefully inside.

The owl dropped its letter onto Harry's seat and began zooming around their compartment. Apparently very pleased with itself for accomplishing its task. Hedwig clicked her beak with a sort of dignified disapproval. Winter yipped happily along with the excited owl. Crookshanks sat up in his seat, following the owl with his great yellow eyes.

Ron, noticing this, snatched the owl safely out of harm's way. Harry picked up the letter. It was addressed to him. He ripped open the letter, and shouted "It's from Sirius!"

"What?" Hermione and Ron ask excitedly.

"Read it out loud" I tell him.

"Dear Harry,
I hope this finds you before you reach your aunt and uncle. I don't know whether they're used to owl post.
Buckbeak and I are in hiding. I won't tell you where, in case this owl falls into the wrong hands. I have some doubt about his reliability, but he is the best I could find, and he did seem eager for the job.
I believe the Dementors are still searching for me, but they haven't a hope of finding me here. I am planning to allow some Muggles to glimpse me soon, a long way from Hogwarts, so that the security on the castle will be lifted.
There is something I never got around to telling you during our brief meeting. It was I who sent you the Firebolt..."

"Ha, see! I told it was from him!" Hermione shouts interrupting him.

"Yes, but he hadn't jinxed it, had he?" Ron reminds her. "Ouch" he exclaims. The tiny owl now hooting happily in his hand, had nibbled one of his fingers in what it seemed to think was an affectionate way. I giggle.

"Continue reading Harry" I tell my cousin.

"Crookshanks took the order to the Owl Office for me. I used your name but told them to take the gold from my own Gringotts vault. Please consider it as thirteen birthdays' worth of presents from your godfather.
I would also like to apologize for the fright I think I gave you that night last year when you left your uncle's house. I had only hoped to get a glimpse of you before starting my journey north, but I think the sight of me alarmed you.
I am enclosing something else for you, which I think will make your next year at Hogwarts more enjoyable.
If ever you need me, send word. Your owl will find me.
I'll write again soon.
Sirius"
Harry turns it over and written on the back is: I, Sirius Black, Harry Potter's godfather, hereby give him permission to visit Hogsmeade on weekends.

"That'll be good enough for Dumbledore" I tell him and he smiles happily. He turns the paper back over. "Hang on, there's a PS" I tell him pointing to it.

"I thought your friend Ron might like to keep this owl, as it's my fault he no longer has a rat" he reads. Ron's eyes widened. The minute owl was still hooting excitedly.

"Keep him?" he says uncertainly. He looked closely at the owl for a moment; then, to our great surprise, he held him out for Crookshanks and Winter to sniff. "What do you reckon? Definitely an owl?" he asks the cat and dog. Crookshanks purred as Winter wagged her tail happily. "That's good enough for me, he's mine" he declares happily.

(King's cross station)

Harry and I get off the train with our luggage & pets. Winter runs off barking and I run after her. I catch her as Micheal pats her. "Micheal, hey" I say smiling and he smiles back hugging me. "Sorry about Winter, guess she wanted to say goodbye" I tell him.

"Glad she did, means I got to see you again" he says smiling and I blush lightly. "Anyway I'll talk to my mum and owl you about the Quidditch World cup. Don't forget to talk to your parents" he tells me.

"I haven't forgotten" I tell him. "Ron might be going with his family and invited Harry along. He said I can camp with his family, but I'd sit with you at the match" I explain.

"Sounds good to me" he says smiling.

"Micheal" a woman says and we turn to see a beautiful woman. Around Remus' age.

"Mum, hi" he says smiling. "This is the friend I was telling you about, Grace" he states.

"Pleasure dear, I hope you can come with us to the match" she tells me.

"So do I" I tell her. "Anyway I have to find my cousin and parents. Hope to hear from you soon Micheal" I say before leaving with Winter. I find Harry with a horrified dad and I giggle. He probably told him his godfather is a convicted murderer and will be checking in occasionally. We leave the station and dad drives us home.

A/N

Picture above of Sirius giving Harry permission to go to Hogsmeade and on the external link of Ron's new pet owl.