Break is Over

Grace's POV

"I'm so glad you're back, now you can play quidditch with me when Ginny can't" I say smiling at Micheal. The Christmas holidays are over and school has started again. Meaning all the students have returned and classes have started again.

"Sure, but I won't go easy on you" he tells me smiling as we make our way to Potions. Once there we sit down together with Ginny on my other side. Snape announced we'd be brewing the Wiggenweld potion today. In pairs, so Ginny went to do it with Luna. While I stayed with Micheal.

"Remember to prove we're the best?" I ask him.

"Yes" he says smirking and we grab the ingredients. I let him prepare the cauldron while I start to prepare the ingredients. When we brew a potion together, we tend to make little changes to the recipe. Which always seems to make the potion perfect.

"Where's the boom berry juice?" I ask Micheal as he adds the honey water to the potion. Until it turned a turquoise colour.

"Next to the phial of salamander blood" he tells and I grab it. Once the potion was turquoise I add three drops of the juice. Before Micheal gives it a final stir, I then put it on simmer. "Sir, our potion is done. It just needs to simmer now and then be cooled" Micheal tells Snape.

He comes over and inspects our potion. "Perfect as always you two" he praises and we smile at each other. "Take five points each and you may leave early" he adds. We pack our things and leave the room. Me giving Ginny and Luna a satisfied smile, Ginny glares at me playfully. Once outside I giggle as I follow Micheal.

"So what do we do now?" I ask him.

"Don't know, we have twenty minutes until our next lessons" he states.

"Micheal, you're suppose to be in class" a voice drawls and we freeze.

"Go, I'll see you later" he tells me.

"No, I'm not afraid of him" I state and turn around to face Malfoy. "We were let out early Malfoy, what's your excuse?" I ask him.

"Well Dursley I have a free period" he tells me. "Micheal why are you with her?" he asks.

"She's my friend" Micheal tells him.

"You know our fathers would be very upset if they find out" Malfoy tells him.

"Yeah, well my father isn't around and my mother is fine with it" Micheal snaps.

"You're mother is a blood traitor without your father around. But don't worry I won't tell my father about your little friend. Just remember where your loyalties lie" Malfoy states before leaving.

"Man what a jerk, I still can't believe you're related to" I say annoyed. "Anyway, we have to get going to our separate classes. See you later in DADA" I tell him.

"Yeah see you then" he mumbles and we go our separate ways. Him going to Charms while I head to Herebology. After classes I saw Hermione leave Harry and Ron again in a huff. So I follow her.

"Hermione what's wrong? Did Ron bring up Scabbers again?" I ask her.

"No, we were talking about Professor Lupin. About how he is still ill" she states. Something in her tone it was like she knew something they didn't.

"When did you figure it out?" I ask her in a whisper.

"What?" she asks me as we enter the common room.

"Don't act naive, you know about Lupin's condition. His furry little problem" I state.

"How did you find out?" she asks me.

"I've known since your boggart lesson, what about you?" I ask her.

"I found out when Professor Snape set us an essay on identifying werewolves" she states.

"Well don't tell anyone, it's not your secret to tell. Besides he's not dangerous during classes" I tell her.

"I know that, it's just a shock" she tells me and I nod my head. "Anyway, I have a bunch of homework to start. We'll talk more some other time" she states and I leave her with her homework.

When George and Fred entered, they called me over. "We have a new prank and need your help" George states. So we start to discuss the prank and how we'd do it. Honestly, it's a very simple prank. I don't see why they need me. But they've sort of taken me under their wing when it comes to pranking. I guess they wanted me to continue pranking when they finished school.

(Thursday night)

It's now the second week after break and Gryffindor is suppose to face Ravenclaw on Saturday. I'm sitting with Winter doing some tricks with her. While Hermione sits at her table still studying. Just then Harry and Ron appeared with Harry's Firebolt.

"I got it back" Harry says as he and Ron approached us.

"That's great Harry" I say smiling. "We can finally have that race" I tell him.

"My firebolt will still win" he says confidently. "I'd better put it upstairs" he adds. But Ron volunteers to take and Harry hands it to him. "May I sit down?" Harry asks Hermione and she nods her head.

"Hey Harry want to see the new trick I've been teaching Winter?" I ask him.

"Sure" he says smiling. I grab Winter's attention.

"Monster book, fetch" I tell her and she runs up to the girls dormitory. I turn to Harry. "I've been teaching her how to fetch things from another room. So if I need my wand, book, broom, cloak or anything she can get it" I explain.

"That's cool" he states as she appears with my monster book. I praise her while giving her a pat after she dropped it into my hand. "How are you getting through all this stuff?" he asks Hermione looking at all her homework.

"Oh, well — you know — working hard" Hermione says absentmindedly.

"Maybe Harry is right Hermione, have you thought about dropping a subject?" I ask her concerned. She looks even more tired then Lupin after a full moon. And that's saying something.

"I couldn't do that!" Hermione exclaims.

"Arithmancy looks terrible" Harry states looking at her number chart.

"Oh no, it's wonderful! It's my favorite subject! It's..." Hermione started saying. But is cut off by a yell from the boy's dormitory.

"What's got his wand in a knot now?" I grumble as I give Winter a belly rub. Then came hurried footsteps, growing louder and then Ron came leaping into view, dragging with him a bed sheet. I grab Winter's collar just so she wouldn't think that he wanted to play tug of war with her. He looks very upset.

"Look Scabbers! Look" Ron shouts shoving the sheets in Hermione's face. "BLOOD! HE'S GONE! AND YOU KNOW WHAT WAS ON THE FLOOR?" he demands. Hermione shakes her head trembling. Ron threw something down onto Hermione's rune translation. Hermione and Harry leaned forward. Lying on top of the weird, spiky shapes were several long, ginger cat hairs.

"Ron you can't seriously think Crookshanks did this" I say annoyed. "He was with Winter during meals and outside this afternoon. I saw him by Hagrid's hut through the window" I tell him. But he didn't believe me.

"Your cat killed my rat!" Ron screams at Hermione. She just grabbed her things and left for her dorm room. I follow her with Winter after glaring at Ron. How dare he blame Hermione and Crookshanks. They are both innocent, I know that for a fact.

A/N

Picture above of Slytherin and Gryffindor crests. Picture on the external link of the Wiggenweld potion.