A Room for Two

Grace's POV

Harry and I are guided to a private room by the minister. Who has us sit down in the two chairs in front of the fire. "I am Cornelius Fudge, Harry, Graciela. The Minister of Magic" he states.

"We know, we saw you in the paper" I tell him. The innkeeper reappeared, wearing an apron over his nightshirt and bearing a tray of tea and crumpets. He places them on the table before leaving the room.

"You've both had us all in a right flap, I don't mind telling you. Running away from your aunt and uncle's house like that! I'd started to think...but you're both safe, and that's what matters" he says pouring himself some tea.

"Now then...You will be pleased to hear that we have dealt with the unfortunate blowing-up of Miss Marjorie Dursley. Two members of the Accidental Magic Reversal Department were dispatched to Privet Drive a few hours ago. Miss Dursley has been punctured and her memory has been modified. She has no recollection of the incident at all. So that's that, and no harm done" he announces.

"Like the time I turned that guy into a cat?" I ask smiling at the memory. It was the first time I ever used magic. Before we always thought it was Harry, until he went to school. The bully at my school was picking on a dog and I wanted to give him a taste of his own medicine. Next thing I know he's a cat and the dog is chasing him. My parents were displeased that I could use magic. But it brought Harry and I closer, especially since I started at Hogwarts.

"Yes" he says nodding his head. He then tells us how my parents will happily take us back next summer. As long as we stayed at school during the Christmas and Easter holidays. "So all that remains,is to decide where you're going to spend the last two weeks of your vacation. I suggest you take a room here at the Leaky Cauldron and..." he starts to say.

"Hang on" Harry says cutting him off.

"What about his punishment?" I ask confused.

"Punishment?" the minister asks.

"I broke the law!" Harry exclaims. "The Decree for the Restriction of Underage Wizardry!" he states.

"Oh, my dear boy, we're not going to punish you for a little thing like that" Fudge says grabbing a crumpet. "It was an accident! We don't send people to Azkaban just for blowing up their aunts" he states.

"But last year, he got an official warning just because a house-elf smashed a pudding in our house" I tell him.

"The Ministry of Magic said I'd be expelled from Hogwarts if there was any more magic there" Harry states.

"Circumstances change, Harry...We have to take into account...in the present climate...Surely you don't want to be expelled?" the minister asks.

"Of course not" Harry replies.

"Well then, what's all the fuss about?" the minister asks with a chuckle. "Now, have a crumpet, Harry, Graciela. While I go and see if Tom's got a room for you both" he states. He leaves the room and I pour myself some tea.

"Hey Harry, I just thought of something" I tell him. He looks up at me confused. "Dad never signed your form,  maybe the minister will" I state.

"Brilliant" he says smiling as the minister reappears with Tom.

"Room eleven's free and has two beds" the minister states. "I don't want either of you wandering off into Muggle London, all right? Keep to Diagon Alley. And you're both to be back here before dark each night. Sure you'll understand. Tom will be keeping an eye on you both for me" he explains.

"Why?" I ask him confused.

"We have a killer on the loose" he states.

"Sirius Black, you mean" Harry says.

"Oh, you've heard" he says.

"You haven't caught him yet" I state.

"Wellno, not yet, but it's only a matter of time. The Azkaban guards have never yet failed...and they are angrier than I've ever seen them" he says with a shudder. "So, I'll say goodbye" he adds.

"Can I ask you something minister?" Harry asks him standing up.

"Certainly" he says with a smile.

"Well, third years at Hogwarts are allowed to visit Hogsmeade, but my aunt and uncle didn't sign the permission form. D'you think you could?" Harry asks him. The minister says no, saying he's not Harry's guardian. He said Harry may go next year before leaving.

"Worth a shot" I say shrugging as I stand up. Tom then shows us to our room where Hedwig greeted us. Who lands on Harry's shoulder while he pats her happily.

"Very smart owl you've got there" Tom says with a chuckle. "Arrived about five minutes after you did. If there's anything you need, Mr. Potter, Miss Dursley, don't hesitate to ask" he says before leaving. I undo my scarf and check on Winter. Hedwig hasn't meet her yet and looked at her confused.

"Hedwig, this is Winter. Grace's pet, be nice to her" Harry tells her smiling. I look at the time and see I have five hours until Winter's next feed. I set my alarm clock before laying in bed with her beside me. "Good night Grace" Harry says getting in his bed while Hedwig perches herself on top of the wardrobe.

"Good night Harry" I say sleepily. I snuggle into my pillow while Winter snuggles into me. Before I fall into a peaceful sleep.