Dementor Alert

Grace's POV

We arrived at Kings Cross station then went through the barrier in pairs. I went through with Hermione and our luggage. Once Ginny appeared with her mum we all got hugs. Before I take her onto the train to find my friend Luna. I think they'll get along well.

I finally find her in a compartment alone reading one of her father's magazines. "Luna" I say smiling as we enter the cabin.

"Oh hello Grace" she says in her dreamy voice.

"Luna this is my friend Ginny, Ginny this is Luna" I say introducing the pair. They smile saying hello to each other. Luna helps us place our luggage in the luggage rack before we all sit down. I let Winter out while the other two talk. They discover they live near each other and start to talk about gnomes.

"So are you two looking forward to the new year?" Luna asks us.

"I'm looking forward to a Voldemort free year" I tell her.

"Same and I also want to focus on quidditch training for try outs next year" Ginny states.

"I'll cheer for your house in quidditch matches, except when they go against my own" Luna tells us. We give her bright smiles. "Have either of you read the Quibbler?" she asks us.

"I've been reading them for a couple of weeks and even gonna put in a subscription" I tell her smiling.

"Never heard of it" Ginny says and Luna gives her her copy. Along with her glasses.

"Oh and here Grace, happy late birthday" Luna says handing me a present and I give her a smile. I open it to reveal my own personal pair of Spectrespecs.

"Awesome, thanks Luna" I say smiling. Suddenly the train stops and the lights go out. I grab Winter holding her close. "Guys what's going on?" I ask them.

"No idea, we can't be there yet" Luna states.

"Guys is it just me or is it getting colder in here?" Ginny asks us.

"Ginny look after Winter, I'm going to see if Harry or Hermione know what's going on" I tell her. I hand Winter to her and grab my wand before leaving the compartment. I remember Harry going into the compartment with the sleeping man. I approach it and open the door only to run into someone trying to exit the cabin.

"Who's that?" me and feminine voice asks.

"Hermione" I say at the sometime she says mine. She asks why I'm here. "I thought you or Harry might know what's going on" I state.

"Come here Grace" Harry calls and I walk over to him. He pulls me into his lap and I snuggle into him. I may act brave, but I hate dark cold places. If it was just one, then I'm fine. But together I'm scared and with a thunderstorm I'm terrified.

"Why is it dark and cold?" I ask.

"I don't know" Harry says.

"Quiet" a man's voice says. I guess that man woke up, I wonder who he is. Suddenly there was a soft, crackling noise, and a shivering light filled the compartment. The man now holding a ball of flame in his hand. Bringing light and warmth, making me feel happier. He tells us to stay where he is.

He got slowly to his feet and starts to head for the door. But the door slid slowly open before he could reach it. I grip my wand tighter as I move off of Harry's lap. If a fight broke out, it's be easier for him without me on his lap. A dark cloaked figure peers into the room and I notice it's scabby skeleton like hand.

"None of us is hiding Sirius Black under our cloaks" the man states. But the figure ignores him focusing in on Harry. I look to see Harry going pale and looking like he's about to faint.

"Not Harry!" I shout getting in front of him. Suddenly I feel happiness being sucked out of me. I hear someone shout mine and Harry's name before I black out.

(Five minutes later)

Hermione wakes Harry and I, returning his glasses. I notice lights are back on and the train is moving again. "Are you both okay?" Ron asks us.

"I'm fine" I grumble rubbing the back of my head. Harry then goes on about saying he heard a woman scream. "That was probably me, I shouted getting in front of you" I tell him. He goes to say something, but is cut off by a loud snap. We turn tosee the man was breaking an enormous slab of chocolate into pieces. One thing about me, I love chocolate.

He gives us each a piece, giving Harry and I the biggest bits. But gives me the slightly bigger making me smile widely as I start to eat it. Ignoring him leaving and the others conversation. I finish my chocolate to see all the others looking at me. "What?" I ask confused.

"Why did you try to protect me?" Harry asks me.

"Because you're my cousin and more of a brother to me then Dudley ever was. My first instinct in dangerous situations, is to protect family. I didn't want that thing to keep hurting you" I explain.

"Grace, I'm the older cousin here. Please don't risk your life for me" he pleads.

"No can do, I'm a Gryffindor" I say proudly. "I have to go change and check in on Winter" I state getting up. "See you in the great hall" I say before leaving to return to my compartment. I meet the man along the way. "Hey, thanks for helping Harry and I" I tell him.

"You're welcome" he says smiling.

"I'm Grace Dursley, his cousin and you are?" I ask.

"Professor Lupin, I'll be your new DADA teacher" he states.

"Right now, you're a hundred times better then my last professor" I tell him. "Do you have anymore chocolate?" I ask him hopeful. He chuckles handing me a small bar.

"Don't eat it all at once and we'll arrive at Hogsmeade station in ten minutes" he states. I nod my head and reenter my compartment. As soon as I sit down, Winter is on my lap whining. I look up at the other two.

"She missed you" Luna states and I nod my head. Patting Winter giving her her dinner before placing her back in her carrier. We arrived at Hogsmeade Station and Winter is fast asleep. Once we're off the train we get into a carriage together and it takes us to Hogwarts.

A/N

Gif above of Dementor attacking Harry and Lupin scarring it away.