3

~Cloud's POV~

I sleepily pour milk in Kara's cereal and hand her a spoon, Yuffie hurrying around the kitchen.

"And make sure they don't get any sugar," she continues her rushed list of ways to take care of the kids while she's at work. I nod, but I'm not really listening, just waiting for the coffee to finish brewing.

"Okay, I think that's it. Gotta go, bye," she pecks me on the cheek and rushes out the door. Why did she have to get me up at six? The door opens back up and she runs through the house, coming back through with her bag.

"Almost forgot. Bye! Have a good day!"

Minutes after she actually leaves and I pour my coffee into a mug, Denzel and Michael come downstairs. Mikey's hair is drenched and I raise an eyebrow at Denzel questioningly.

"He peed all over himself, so I put him in the shower," he shrugs. I nod my gratitude and he avoids further conversation. We all know I'm no longer a morning person. Besides, it's pretty obvious Mikey is his favorite of the twins, he's always helping him out, which means I'm always with Kara, but she's okay. Sometimes. Others I want to rip my hair out and then pray it grows back.

"Um... Dad?" Denzel says, looking like he's trying not to laugh. "Why are you pouring orange juice into Mikey's cereal?"

"Crap," I mutter, looking at the jug of juice in my hand. "Uh... Why don't you just give this to Max?" I hand him the bowl, which he accepts, grimacing.

"My ce'ral!" Mikey protests, giving me a pouty look, his lip trembling.

"Shh, don't cry! Daddy'll get some breakfast!" I rush, grabbing a bowl and getting it right this time. He happily takes his food and sits at the table. Denzel comes back in and puts the orange juice cereal bowl in the sink.

"My toast pop up yet?"

"No," I shake my head. "But I think it's burning."

"Shoot," he cringes, getting his burning bread out of the crummy old toaster Barret gave us.

"This is such a lovely morning," I say sarcastically, frowning at the thunderstorm going on outside.

"Yeah, well, I'm not hungry anymore," he sighs and shakes his head, going back up to his room. He's probably going to do his normal Sunday routine. Eat, play video games, talk to his friends for hours through video games, eat, sleep, video games, eat, sleep. So exciting.

"This is gross," I grimace at the nasty cheap liquid in my mug. Opening the kitchen cabinet to get the creamer down, two glowing green eyes meet mine.

"HOLY FRICK!" I yell, stumbling backwards into the counter. Kara giggles.

"Daddy said frick!"

"Don't say that," I scowl at her.

"Denzel said it!"

"Denzel is a big kid, you're not."

"What's in the cabinet?"

"Good question," I mutter, peeking back into the cabinet and then groaning. "Denzel, why the heck is there a cat in our kitchen?!"

"What?" he calls.

"Get down here!"

He skips down the stairs and slides into the kitchen in his sock feet. That's so much fun...

"What did you want?"

"Why do we have a cat in the cabinet?" I ask, pinching the bridge of my nose. He awkwardly looks down at his feet, and then back up at me.