Part 6: A First Kiss

When Marinette got home, she found a piece of paper folded up and placed on her balcony. She grabbed it, opening it up to see a small note scrawled on the paper.

Meet me at the top of the Eiffel Tower. I still owe you two thoughts.

-Chat

Mari smiled to herself, grabbing her purse and rushing out the door. She was at the bottom of the tower in less than twenty minutes, her feet aching slightly from wearing the heels all day. Glancing up she saw a small dark outline watching her from the top of the tower.

Mari stepped out of the elevator at the top, seeing Chat Noir staring out over the city. She watched him for a second, noticing the way he leaned only on one shoulder still, the other obviously still injured.

"How's your shoulder?" She asked from behind him, and he whirled around. Marinette didn't know it was possible to sneak up on a superhero.

He looked at her, a smile spreading across his face, "A little sore, but overall feeling much better. All thanks to you nursing a wounded cat back to health."

"If you're sure," Mari said, shrugging, "I trust you." She approached the railing of the tower, standing next to him.

"I wasn't sure you'd come." Chat said, his voice wavering slightly.

She looked at him, "Why?"

He was facing away from her so she couldn't see his expression when he said, "I don't know. To be honest I don't even know what I wanted to talk to you about, I just wanted to...talk to you." He rubbed the back of his neck anxiously, as if he couldn't figure out what to say.

Marinette smiled as he turned toward her. Chat froze, his eyes searching hers.

"Do that again." He breathed.

She gave him a puzzled look, "What?"

"Smile."

And because this was the boy who had turned her away from the guilt that was chewing at her, the boy who made her feel important, the boy who helped her believe in herself again—because of that, she gave him the brightest one she had.

His eyes lit up and she felt the blood rush to her cheeks, "You look beautiful today." His voice was barely a whisper.

She blushed even harder, "Th-thanks."

Chat seemed to notice m exactly what he'd said and blushed too. Mari thought he looked rather handsome with a little red added to his cheeks, "What I meant was uh...I liked your, uhm, outfit today. Did you make that skirt?"

Marinette couldn't help but giggle, she'd never seen Chat Noir this flustered before, "Yes silly kitty, I finished it last night after our conversation on my roof. I couldn't fall asleep." She shrugged.

He seemed to relax slightly, a goofy smile spreading across his face, "Let me guess," he tapped his finger against his chin, "my adorable cat-like charm kept you up all night thinking about me."

Mari reached up and flicked his nose playfully, "You wish." He didn't respond, "You said something about still owing me two thoughts?"

Chat blinked, seeming to come back to reality, "Right! Are you getting impatient, Princess? Don't want to have to talk to this kitty for too long?"

"I never said that," she crossed her arms, grinning at him, "I'm just curious as to what you're so eager to share with me."

Chat's expression grew serious very quickly, but the light didn't leave his, "Are you sure you really want to know, Marinette? I'm not even sure I want to tell you."