Epilogue: Forever

It had been a month since Adrien had last seen his father and he wasn't sad about it. He didn't care too much about whatever excuse he would no doubt come up with. Adrien wasn't even relatively close to getting past all of the trauma he'd experienced due to his father, but thanks to Marinette, he was doing better. He wasn't going to let his father ruin his life anymore.
Adrien was lucky that Mari's parents liked him and were pretty chill, they never minded him being home with Marinette or when they were alone in her room. They still hadn't taken that final step of course, neither of them had been ready after Hawkmoth.
Pacing back and forth across the Pont des Arts bridge, Adrien went over everything Tom Dupain had told him. André and Marinette would be there any minute and he was sweating up a storm in his nervous state. He just hoped everything went according to plan.
He heard the wheels of the ice cream cart before Adrien saw André. The sweethearts matchmaker gave him a wink before setting up his cart.
Pulling the small box from his pocket, Adrien handed it to the ice cream man before quickly making his way towards the east end of the bridge. Marinette pulled up just then.
And now he was really freaked out.
He opened the car door for her as she stepped out and planted a chaste kiss against her lips. Adrien was excited and scared. After everything that had happened, they both needed it and he hoped they both wanted it.
He grabbed her hand, giving her a smile, "You ready for our date?"
Marinette nodded excitingly, "I'm so excited to finally get André's ice cream together."
He laughed, squeezing her hand, "Me too."
Together, the two walked up to the ice cream cart where a line had already formed. Marinette chatted away as Adrien fiddled impatiently, his worry building by the minute. Finally, it was their turn for ice cream. André winked at him.
"Oh if it isn't Adrien and Marinette!" He exclaimed with joy, "The couple I've been waiting to come to me. I've known it all along you see."
"Hi André!" Mari greeted happily.
Scooping up some ice cream, André spouted out some flavors and their meanings, his last scoop of ice cream a lot more precise and purposeful. And then he stuck something in the top instead of a cherry and handed the ice cream to Marinette.
She gasped.
Pulling the glittering ring from the ice cream scoop, Adrien lowered himself to one knee as Marinette watched.
Adrien knew that everything he'd ever done had led up to this moment. And he was afraid but not as severely as he thought he'd be.
His voice shook as he began talking, "Marinette Dupain-Cheng, I know that this may seem sudden or overwhelming but I knew weeks ago that this was the next step for me." Mari had tears in her eyes as Adrien stumbled over his words, "I know we're young and maybe you feel like we're not ready for this, but I don't think I've ever wanted anything more in my life than this right here. You. I love you Marinette, so so much. And I couldn't bear ever being apart from you from this moment forward. I know we've both been through a lot lately, but I also know that we've grown and experienced all those things together. And I wouldn't have it any other way. You're beautiful and perfect. You're funny and clumsy and adorable. You're always thinking of others and putting them before yourself, you're the sweetest person I've ever met and I don't know where I would be without you." Marinette sobbed into her hands as she listened to Adrien, so he kept going, "And before you ask, I asked your father for his blessing. That's what I wanted to talk to him about that day in the bakery. I want to spend the rest of my life with you Milady, will you marry me?"
Adrien wasn't quite sure if how much Mari was crying was a good thing. And then she took her hands away from her face and threw her arms almost violently around his neck.
"Of course!" She cries out, pushing him over so they tumble across the bridge a little. They both laughed out loud as they rolled over, "yesyesyes!"
Adrien had never felt happier then he did in that moment. They were getting married! Yeah they were still young, but he was convinced that if soulmates existed, he and Marinette were proof. This was the next step for them.
"Good," Adrien laughed, "otherwise this would have been extremely awkward."
"How did you know?" Marinette asked him as he pulled her to her feet, "How did you know to ask me in this way? Here? Just like my parents."
"You're mother and father helped a lot. And I now how much your family means to you."
Marinette practically threw herself at him again. Pressing her lips passionately to his. And although they were on one of the most busy bridges in all of Paris, it felt like they were the only two people in the world. In all honesty, Adrien felt like he had died and gone to Heaven. He couldn't even remember what was eating him up inside. Frankly, he didn't even care at the moment. All that mattered was Mari, and their future together.
She smiled so brightly that Adrien had no idea how he'd ever lived without that light, "Is this really happening?" She asked, "Are we really this lucky?"
"This is real Princess," he assured her, pressing his forehead against hers, "you're my forever."
"Yes," she whispered.
"Forever."
"Marinette?" Adrien started.
"Hmm?" She hummed against his chest.
"Would you like to go dancing?"
Her head shot up as she looked at him with a wide grin.
"Try and keep up kitty."

Author's Note: Ahhh! I can't believe this book had finally drawn to a close. Thank you so much if you have read this far! I hope you have enjoyed it and again thank you for reading!