Part 17: Mixed Feelings

Midnight was drawing closer a lot faster than Adrien had expected. It felt like they'd left Marinette's parent's bakery only moments ago. Mari had gone straight back to bed, giving him a kiss on the cheek and laughing at the pouty look on his face. She mumbled something about what Alya said as Adrien tried to not let his nether regions control his mind.

Aware that he wouldn't be able to fall asleep no matter how hard he tried, especially if he was next to Marinette, Adrien had opted for a shower instead. He had stood under the scalding water until his hands were wrinkled and his knees were stiff, distracted by the thoughts playing out in his head. By the time Adrien had gotten out he had full control of his traitorous brain. Well... mostly.

It was when he began trying to dry off his hair that he realized he'd forgotten to wash it. Grumbling, Adrien shoved on his pants and stalked out of the bathroom. Marinette was still asleep, until he tumbled onto the bed next to her, causing droplets of water from his hair to splash in her face. She groaned, wiping her face and slapping at his shoulder as he slung an arm over her abdomen.

Mari squealed and jumped up, "You're still wet!"

Adrien chuckled, snuggling in closer as she tried to push away his wet head, "Yup." Then with all the dramatic flare he could muster he flopped back onto the bed again.

Marinette giggled, "Okay I'll bite kitty cat," she flicked his nose playfully, "What's got your tail in a twist?"

He grumbled into the pillow, "I forgot to wash my hair!"

Marinette face-palmed, "You mean to tell me, that we're about to initiate the final battle with a supervillain and you're annoyed about forgetting to wash your hair?"

"It's the model in me." Adrien stated, completely ignoring his panic about actually facing his father.

"Okay you insufferable pretty boy," Marinette stood, grabbing his hand and pulling him back to the bathroom, "grab that chair and come with me."

Adrien opened his mouth to ask her what she was thinking of doing, but Mari leaned the chair up against the sink and motioned for him to sit, "We only have thirty minutes before the others will be here."

"This will take me less than five," she said, leaning down and planting a kiss on his cheek before turning on the sink faucet, "How are you feeling?"

Adrien closed his eyes and reveled in the feeling of Marinette's hands messaging his scalp. Maybe it wasn't such a bad thing that he'd forgotten to wash his hair. The water was pleasantly warm and Mari's nails were gentle as she asked him again.

Adrien hummed his pleasure and paused before answering, "I have mixed feelings."

"Because of this? Or because of whatever you discussed with my father?" She asked, "What did he say to you?"

Adrien smiled, remembering what he and Tom Dupain had talked about, they way he'd slapped his shoulder like a father. Marinette was lucky to have such wonderful parents. Mari quirked an eyebrow, but Adrien refused to tell her what he'd asked her dad.

"Fine, keep your secrets," Mari scratched behind his ear as if he were a real cat. He shivered, perhaps proving his own point, "if it makes you as happy as you look than I'm glad."

"I love your parents Mari. Almost as much as I love you," Marinette's expression softened at his words, "Do I say that too much? Or not enough?"

Giggling again, Mari pressed a kiss to his lips this time, "You say it perfectly mon Chaton."

"You two do realize how disgustingly romantic you are, correct?" Alya drawled from the doorway, "Even Nino and I aren't this gross."

Adrien just laughed and pulled Marinette into his lap so her legs were straddling him. She barely had time to squeal before his mouth was on her neck and his tongue was caressing her soft skin. Marinette gasped.