Late night

Miles cupped my cheek and deepened our kiss. His tongue parted my lips and explored my mouth. I tugged his hair softly and he moaned into my mouth. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me onto his lap. 

His lips left my mouth as he left soft kisses along my jaw and down my neck. I sighed softly as he skimmed my collar bone and kissed up the other side of my neck. Our lips connected again as I cupped his cheek and his hands travelled down and rested on my waist.

"Steph," he said softly, pulling away.

I looked at him, frowning slightly.

"I can't do this," he said, not meeting my gaze.

"Why?" I asked. I can't believe I'm actually being turned down.

"Because I don't know you, and you clearly aren't like normal girls," he said as he shifted me off his lap. 

I sat with my back pressed against the cold brick wall and brought my knees up to my chest. I looked over at Miles who was running his hand through his golden hair. I pursed my lips. Maybe I'm not good anymore, no one has ever started and then changed their mind before.

Confused and dazzed, I pulled myself to my feet and walked around the corner when Miles grabbed my arm and spun me around to face him.

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"Away," I murmured. 

"Look, I'm sorry I'm not taking advantage of you," he said pointedly. Is that how he saw it?

"Well, you wouldn't be the first anf you won't be the last," I smiled up him. 

"What's that supposed to mean?" he frowned.

"Nothing," I muttered and I went to walk away again.

"Steph," he called after me.

"The name isn't Steph," I said, looking back at him briefly. 

I turned and weaved my way through the partying teenagers and burst out of the front door. I started walking up the way we came because I had no idea where I was. I heard footsteps behind me and I turned to see MIles running towards me. I rolled my eyes and continued walking. 

"Wait, wait, wait," he puffed. "Why didn't you tell me your real name?"

I chewed my bottom lip but didn't say anything.

"Can I at least know your real name before you go running off again?" he pleaded.

"Why does it matter?" I spat.

"Because you matter," he said determined. 

I couldn't look at him. I hadn't heard anyone say anything like that since my mum died years ago. 

"Please, just a name," he whispered.

"Marcy," I said, looking at the ground. 

"Marcy," he repeated. "Will I ever see you again?"

"Don't count on it," I said quietly.

"Why?" he frowned, take aback.

"I don't have friends."

"I want to be your friend," he said softly.

"Don't be stupid," I said, looking up at him. He was frowning at me. He shook his head, exasperated. 

I turned and kept walking, but Miles wouldn't let up.

"Can I at least give you my number?" he asked, keeping up with me.

"Why?" I frowned.

"So that if you change your mind, you can call me," he said, his hope running out. 

"Whatever," I said, giving him my phone.

He put in his number and smiled before jogging back to the house. I swallowed and kept walking away. The idea of a friend was exceptionally intriguing, but I couldn't bare to get close to another person just for them to leave when things get tough.

He knows you aren't like most girls, he knows you lied to him, and he still wants to be in your life, I thought to myself. 

My thoughts exploded and I sat on the curb, thinking that maybe, just maybe, I could have a friend.