How do you like your eggs?

My eyes stung as I blinked upon waking. I bolted upright for a moment, disoriented.

"'S okay," Dean slurred as he sleepily wrapped an arm around my waist. I snuggled into him and breathed in his scent. He smelt of body wash. I remembered last night and a smile tugged at my lips. 

A hazy light was seeping through the gap in the curtain, indicating it was dawn. I closed my eyes and drifted back to sleep.

***

"Marcy." A sweet voice called distantly. I stirred and looked up blearily into Dean's eyes, which were crinkled at the corners. His smile was becoming my favourite thing in the world. 

"Time?" I wondered aloud. 

"Nine. I thought you might be hungry," Dean murmured as he kissed my forehead. I could smell bacon. 

"Famished, but not for food," I said, catching his eye. He smiled devilishly and kissed down my neck. I sighed contently. Dean pulled back and I frowned slightly.

"Eat first," he laughed. Grumbling playfully, I got out of bed and pulled one of his shirts on as I wandered downstairs. 

Bacon and eggs were finishing up in the pan and they smelt amazing. My mouth watered and I awkwardly sat at the bench, playing with a loose thread absentmindedly. Dean placed a plate of food in front of me while he buttered toast and added it to my plate.

"You don't have to cook for me," I said, feeling slightly uncomfortable. 

"I know, but I want to," he smiled at me warmly. 

I wasn't used to someone cooking for me and I had a feeling it would take some getting used to. We ate in comfortable silence, occasionally looking at each other and smiling. My phone vibrating loudly broke the silence. I reached for it and saw I had a text from Miles. 

HEY NEED TO TALK, MEET AT 10?

It was nearly nine-thirty. 

"What is it?" Dean asked, shoved a whole piece of toast in his mouth.

"It's Miles, he needs to talk," I said as I typed a reply saying I'd meet him. 

"If you need a lift anywhere let me know," Dean said as he cleared the table. 

"Thank you for breakfast," I said shyly as I kissed under his jaw. 

"No worries, so breakfast with me and lunch with your other boyfriend? Who's for dinner?" Dean teased.

"Miles is just a friend," I said as a playfully pushed him. He laughed and told me to go get ready to go out. 

I pulled on a pair of jeans and an old plaid flannelette. My hair was a mess and I sighed in exasperation as I tried to tame it. I frowned at my reflection. It'd do. Dean blew me a kiss from the kitchen sink as I left the house. 

A blast of cool air bit at my cheeks. I walked briskly to the park and saw a boy sitting on the swings. 

"Hey, loser," I said, gently nudging his leg with my foot. 

"Hey," Miles said dejectedly. 

"Who died?" I joked. He didn't say anything. "Oh my God, did someone actually die? I didn't mean it like that -" 

"No one died," he said softly. I waited for him to continue. He didn't.

"Miles," I said gently, placing my hand on his. 

"This friend of mine is leaving town, he's moving," he said.

"That's okay, just message him and ask to hang out sometimes, you won't lose him," I said with a smile.

"I already have. I think I like him, and I told him," Miles hung his head and swung slowly. 

"You're gay? But we hooked up," I said confused. 

"I thought I was straight, but I think I might be bisexual." Miles looked over at me, his eyes looked lost.