Chapter 7

"Are you okay?" Angelina asked as we got into the car shutting the door. I turned to her with a small smile. "I'm going to the apartment downtown would you like to stay with me tonight?" I asked avoiding the question itself. I watched Angelina sigh sitting back in her seat with a nod before she turned her head to look out the window. "I'm okay Angie. I'll explain everything tonight," I mumbled as I moved to cuddle into her side. "I'm sorry about tonight," She spoke running her hand up and down my arm. I shook my head with a sigh, "It was fine. I really like them, and I think we should do it again sometime," I spoke softly wrapping my arms around her waist after I sat up giving the driver the address to the downtown apartment. "So how do you really know Ed?" Angelina asked causing me to shake my head. "I'll explain everything when we get there," I spoke causing her to nod quietly turning back to look out the window.

The rest of the journey to my place was quiet until we pulled up to my building. I thanked the driver as he helped us out the car grabbing my key from my bag. I grabbed Angelina's hand making my way into the old rundown building and into the old elevator that I was surprised was still working. It was old and run down and probably cost more than it was worth, but it didn't bother. I stood in front of my door unlocking it and turning the lights on as Angelina shut the door behind her. Canvases, paint, paintbrushes, and pencils lie everywhere in the little space with a piano in the corner of the room. The only walls in this apartment were the ones that covered held the bathroom. It was literally one big room that held a small kitchen area on one side of the wall and my bed on the other side of the enormous room that was close to the window allowing me some nights to lay in it and stare out the window. "Why this place," Angelina asked after a moment. I watched her take her shoes off as I made my way to the kitchen set up. "Because it's an escape place for me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or if I don't want to be bothered and just need time away. This is where I run to," I spoke grabbing two wine glasses and a bottle of wine as Angelina looked around the room. "You're really talented," Angelina spoke running her hands over one of the paintings that I hadn't hung up yet. I had a wall of canvases with different paintings all sizes hung up on the wall not really knowing where else I would place them. I watched as Angelina turned looking over every single one of them. "You really did all this?" Angelina asked making her way towards the wall with a surprised look written all over her face. I nodded my head proudly as I grabbed the glasses handing her one as I went and sat on one of the many two stools around the room. "Why hide it all here? Why not show people?" Angelina asked looking at every individual painting that hung on the walls. I made my way towards the piano taking a seat on the bench as my fingers ran over the keys. "Everything I make is based on that emotion. Once I'm able to focus on one emotion strongly it's easier to create and be patient and passionate. I just don't believe people would appreciate my art like I would want them too," I spoke sitting my glass on the top of the piano as Angelina came and took a seat beside me. "If you don't try and see you'll never know," Angelina spoke causing me to hum listening to her. "I don't know but I'll think about it okay?" I spoke causing her to nod before grabbing my chin turning my head in her direction. I closed my eyes as she leaned towards me connecting our lips softly. I felt her pull away after a moment before leaning her head on my shoulder. "Are you going to tell me what tonight was all about?" Angelina asked causing me to open my eyes with a sigh before I focused on the piano in front of myself. I began playing the keys softly to a melody that I had become awfully familiar with. "Back when I first met Ed in London it was when we had been taken on this project to build him this big fancy house that he had wanted. Well, a week into the project I had decided that we should all head home early because this storm was rolling in and I didn't want anyone working in a bad condition. We had made sure to cover everything and put everything that we could up in a safe spot so it wouldn't be water damaged." I started off playing the next chord of the piano as I continued.