Chapter 60 - The Final chapter to this book

Začít od začátku

Dr. Hendrick came over to me, "Listen we'll bring you up to the family waiting room outside the OR. Don't worry about things down here. We've got it ok. Your father, and I will walk you up."

Carlisle smiled, and held my hand. "Let's get your things ok."

I just nodded, and walked silently. I retrieved my bag from the locker, and my umbrella.

"Ok hun, let's go." Carlisle held one hand, and Dr. Hendrick held my other.

"I've called everyone, and they're aware of what's happened. Esme is coming up. I'm not sure who's with her. Your mom, and Charlie are on their way. They have Sebastian as well. Seth, is coming also." Carlisle's voice was haunting soft.

"I, I need to call, um, um, Leslie." I was at a loss for words. I pulled out my phone, my hand was trembling. I dialed her number.

"Hi sweetie. How was the appointment?" Leslie's sweet voice answered.

"Leslie, Hunter was in a car accident. He's being taken to surgery. He's intubated. I'm here now." My voice wavered on breaking.

"Oh my god. Alright, Alex and, I will be there soon. Call me if anything changes. I'll call the others." She hung up, and I put my phone in my pocket.

We were at the waiting room. I stood by the windows looking out. Dr. Hendrick came over to me, and hugged me, "He's a fighter. I need to get back downstairs. Please call me for anything." She left after speaking with Carlisle for a moment.

Carlisle moved over to me, "Leah you're trembling. Why don't you sit down?" He pulled over a chair for me.

"I can't. I need to stand." I continued to look out the window. He moved away to answer his phone, and spoke softly. About an hour later, Esme arrived, along with the others, including Jacob, Billy, and Renesmee.

"How is she?" Esme spoke softly, watching me.

"She's trembling. She won't sit." Carlisle spoke softly.

"How's he doing?" Bella asked quietly.

Carlisle paused before speaking, "There was a lot of internal damage. He's most likely suffered head trauma. They rushed him for a Cat Scan, then right off to the OR."

Someone touched my shoulder. I didn't turn to look.

"Easy ok." Emmett's voice came from behind me. He wrapped his arms around me, and looked out along with me. "He'll be ok. I'm confident." He rested his chin on top of my head.

My body was on autopilot.

"He missed the appointment." I whispered.

"Oh sis." Emmett squeezed me a little. "Do you have pictures of my nephew?" He released me so I could retrieve them from my bag. Emmett always being the practical joker, had a serious side, and this was it. He tried desperately to get my mind off of what was going on. Ease the tension that lingered around me. "He's handsome sis." Emmett smiled, and handed them to Rose.

I returned to looking out the window. The rain pelted the glass, making ticking sounds. I pulled my fleece coat around me, and said a prayer quietly.

Charlie, Seth, and my mom arrived. They had Sebastian with them. I turned to see him, and ran over grabbing him. I held him tightly against me, and inhaled deeply. He nestled against me. "I love you Sebastien. I love you, and your daddy, and Julian so much." Sebastien made noises, and smiled at me, "Da da." He nuzzled against me. I'd been dada for about three weeks now as well as Hunter.

"How is he?" Charlie asked.

Carlisle took the family out into the hall to talk.

I went back over to the windows, pointing things out to Sebastien, "Bus. Vroom vroom. Beep, beep." Sebastian giggled.