Chapter 18 - So what's the plan?

So my mom was pregnant. Typically one would be overjoyed. However my mom was no spring chicken. I just felt jealousy. I was too old to be acting like this. I was sitting quietly when Charlie sat beside me. "I know you're angry. I'm sorry. Your mom was so excited."
I looked at him, "I shouldn't have reacted the way I did. So much has gone on. I'm just being nasty."
Charlie held my hand, "Between us, you're a mother. I see it everyday. The way you protected us, during whatever happened. You always look out for others. You treat Renesmee like she is your daughter. A mother doesn't have to have given birth. Your actions alone, show much more. Hunter will love you no matter what. I'm so sorry that right now, thinks are chaotic. Trust me, when it's time, I will be a proud papa. A little cub for me to protect."
I swallowed the lump, that had rapidly appeared in my throat. Charlie was my father. I smiled, and just sat with him quietly. Meh quietly flipped on a game, and exhaustion took over.

My dad looked up at my mom, "She's ok. Just tired. So we talked. She's happier now."
My mom smiled, "She had me worried. I was talking with Hunter. She's been going through a lot with work. They're revamping the ER, and she's plagued with questions. She's been busy. Her suggestion was taken seriously, and the hospital loves it." Charlie smiled. "She's an amazing person. She'll go far, no worries there."

Sunday evening everyone had left. Hunter was reading, and I was watching a movie. I was so wrapped up, the whisper scared me half to death. "Don't say a word ok."
I nodded and turned looking at Fred. His eyes were a warm golden color. "Relax ok. I've been traveling. So there's been a slew of new vampires popping up again. Not as rapidly as Victoria's were, but they're spread out. One is in Port Angeles. I was able to catch the scent. So I needed to forewarn you. Just incase you might phase."
I sighed. "Babe come here now please."
Fred looked at me. "Stay." He nodded and sat in the chair to my right. Just then
Hunter walked in. "Whoa surprise visit."
I reached for his hand pulling him to sit down.

The mood in the room suddenly changed. Alarm was painting the walls, and Hunter looked at me.
"Fred has been traveling. There are new vampires being born. There's one in Port Angeles.”
Hunter looked at me, then Fred, “Are you kidding me? This has to be a joke.”
Fred sighed, “I wish it were. I’ve been all over the country. Most recently in Ohio, there’s a small coven converging in Cleveland. I’ve spoken with Carlisle, and the rest of the family. Jasper was contacting Peter, and Charlotte to see if anything was going on in their neck of the woods. Esme is going to travel to Ohio. She said she’d be back in a few days. The others are staying within the area. Jacob is concerned about new wolves again. He’s gone back to La Push, and his speaking with Sam.”
Hunters face drained completely.
I turned and looked at Hunter, “Listen to me, we’re safe.”
Hunter looked at me, his hand held mine tighter then he’d ever had. “We’re getting married in 10 months. There’s a rogue vampire roaming around Port Angeles. My fiancé who phased before because of a vampire, could possibly phase again. She could be infertile. She could have to go into another battle again.” Hunter’s eyes started tearing up.
Fred looked at Hunter, “I came here as your friend, and to warn you. I know the risks involved. I only felt I owed it to you both. Please don’t become angered by the information. If nobody has gone missing, and she’s not phasing then it’s not a threat.” Hunter snapped, “Maybe it hasn’t come close enough to affect her. Did you think of that Fred. Oh right, she’s a shapeshifter, she’s meant to destroy these vampires. This is my life with her we’re talking about. It’s ok right. I can lose her and move on.”
Fred sighed, “That’s not what I said.” Hunter’s voice thundered, “Then what the hell are you saying?”
I teared up hearing Hunter yell. I zoned out as the conversation progressed around me. I slowly stood up, and left the two men alone in my living room.

I grabbed my keys, and my wallet and walked out to my car, and got in. I backed out of the driveway and left. I drove quietly, the music of Norah Jones - Come Away With Me played in the background. I just drove with the windows down. I got on the highway and headed towards La Push. I saw something out of the corner of my eye, running just within the tree line. It was a blur, and I ignored it. I pushed the gas pedal, and picked up my speed. I was driving to get away. I was running away. The questions was, what was I running from? Fred had only known of one that one vampire in Port Angeles. It could have just been passing through. I pulled up to First Beach, and parked. I climbed out, and locked my car up. I left my wallet, and phone. I didn’t want to be bothered. I shoved my keys in my pocket of my shorts, and started up the path to the cliffs.