31.

It takes a couple of days for everything to be sorted out in the capitol. Katniss is detained and after a short trial, she is determined mentally unstable.

None of the districts or rebels forgive her here, they thought Coin was the messiah, the greatest president that could run our society.

They think it's safest to send her back to district 12, let her live there while the people heal from war. Haymitch made the decision to go with her, he has no life or family in the capital, the only place he's ever known is district twelve.

Then another month passes before our nation holds an election. There are multiple different candidates from many different districts, but Paylor from district 8 wins by a landslide and is sworn in, pledging to help our nation recover.

Finnick and I stay in the capital for the first few months of our new nation, taking the time to heal and recover from the war.

The hunger games never happen, Paylor doesn't want any more death, the war did a fantastic job of that.

And after everything seems settled in the capital, the citizens return to their homes, prices are adjusted, a new police force made, Finnick and I make the decision to go back to district 4 with Annie, to our home.

Paylor lets all the victors choose where they want to live, acknowledging that we are the last of the tributes directly affected by the games.

So she orders a train for the three of us, all victors from the same district.

We will continue to get paid by the capitol, compensation for the trauma we've endured by the people on the inside.

As well, the poorest districts will receive reparations, along with the families of fallen victors and tributes.

But that money for us will go directly to our district, now that we can actually donate it. The slums in district four need our help, no one should be living like that. Now that we don't have to be fake and can care about the poor in our society

So that's where we sit. Finnick and I in the lounge car, while Annie is napping in her own bedroom car.

Finnick sits up as I lay my head across his lap, staring outside at the trees passing by. He reaches down and lays a hand on my bump that has grown considerably since the assassination of Snow.

We've still decided to keep the entire thing a secret, the capitol has invaded every aspect of my private life since I won my games, I want to finally control what people know about me, keep one thing in my life private.

I look up at Finnick and smile, seeing he already has his eyes on me. Leaning up, I give him a peck on the lips before replacing my head in his lap.

"I can't believe we did it. We're free." I comment absentmindedly, our new freedom still sinking in.

"I know. I'm just thankful that our child doesn't have to worry how we did. About whether we have enough food, whether they'll be picked to fight to the death. They can grow up normally." Finnick responds and I nod.

I feel the baby kick and grunt, they've gone for the ribs. "You okay?" Finnick questions, looking at me with concern.

I chuckle, he's been very proactive and protective lately, he does everything for me now that there's a tiny human inside me.