3.

The next morning we are awoken at 8:30 for breakfast. Po has already set my outfit out for me to change into. He set out a blue sports bra with the number 4 in the corner and plain black leggings. I grab the hair tie he set out and tie my hair back, making sure there are no bumps.

I walk out into the living room to see everybody at the table already. I sit down and eat a small amount, a lot of protein, to make sure I can get through today.

No one talks, nerves evident in the room.

I've decided that I won't show the careers my strengths, they should be surprised, but will go all out for the gamekeepers.  After breakfast we make the decision to head down to the training centre. It's already about 9:30.

Most of the tributes are already here and at 9:45 the tributes from twelve walk in so Atala decides to get started.

"In two weeks 23 of you will be dead, and one of you will be alive. Who that is depends on how well you pay attention in the next four days, particularly to what I'm about to say." I focus my attention on her now, let's do this.

"First, no fighting with the other tributes, you'll have plenty of time for that in the arena. There are four compulsory exercises, the rest is individual training. My advice is, don't ignore the survival skills, exposure can kill as easily as a knife."

We start off the day by swinging across a gap using rings. It's very easy, I've been training my whole life for this.

After that she gives us 2 hours to train by ourselves. I go over to the snare station and hone my skills, making sure I'm doing it right, my first hour gone. I spend the second hour split between making fire and identifying edible plants. It's 1 now so we are allowed to eat for an hour then we get back to work.

I sit by myself at the four table, Calyp is talking with the careers. This is gonna end badly for him. I haven't shown anything too special to anyone, but we have sword fighting next, and I will not be dominated.

After a protein filled lunch we head back into the training room. I get first in-line for sword fighting so I can get it over with. I step up to the mat and hear people snickering behind me. I tune them out as a trainer hands me a foam sword. When the whistle blows I've "killed" him within 10 seconds. He dismisses me and I can hear the snickering stop.

I continue to work on survival skills for the rest of our afternoon as to not show anyone what I'm really capable of besides the sword skills. If I can get my hand on a knife or sword, even a spear I'll be in good shape for the games.

As I head to the elevator I'm stopped by a strong hand on my arm. I turn around, thinking it might be Calyp, but I'm wrong. It's a career, specifically from district 1, I think his name is Jasper. "I saw your sword fighting, I want you on our team." He says as a command, not as a question.

"Not interested." I state simply as I continue my walk. I'd rather be killed than join the dirty careers and possibly win. "Look, your little buddy is already with us, we have a chance of dominating with you in our group."

"Not. Interested. If you grab me again, I will break that pretty little face of yours." I walk away again, but apparently he isn't done.

"You don't know who you're messing with, Brightfall! I'll end you!" He yells from across the room.

"I'm sure you will." I respond staring him down from inside the elevator.