20.

"This isn't water!" I yell as the steady stream of blood gets thicker and rains down on us faster. I can feel the warmth of it through my suit, making me unsettled.

"We need to get out of here!" I hear Johanna say from somewhere nearby.

"I can't see anything! I can't tell which way is out!" Blight replies, relaying our predicament.

But the blood gets even thicker. It gets in our eyes and as we try to get out of the jungle, it gets thicker. "It's getting worse! We-" I gag as the blood is getting in my throat. The stream is so heavy it's forcing itself in our mouths and we can't talk anymore. The only sound I hear is coughing and the blood hitting the ground around me. Then I hear a scream and a sizzling sound.

The scream comes from Blight, I think he ran into the force field. "Blight?" Johanna says loudly, immediately followed by a coughing fit. I make my way towards the sound, careful about not hitting it myself until I hit a big squishy lump on the ground. I kneel down and feel for a pulse and shake him. I don't get anything.

"He's dead, Johanna! I'm sorry." Those few words cause me to throw up from the amount of blood that got into my mouth.

I hear a small curse from the girl as we stumble around, trying to get out of here. The problem is we went so far into the jungle,
We need to be able to see to get out.

All of my senses are blocked. I can't see, I can barely hear, the only taste in my mouth is blood, the metallic element making me gag. Fuck. What do we do?

I try to find the others. I stumble around until I grab an arm. I think it's Johanna. I then find Beetee and Wiress. They're standing together. I lead us all over to the base of a tree, then rummage around on the ground until I find three huge leaves.

I hand one to Johanna and try to hand one to Wiress but she doesn't take it, so I hand it to Beetee instead. They gather what I want them to do and hold them up above us like a roof. We all wipe our eyes and can finally see each other. God, we all look like we've had a major accident or murdered someone.

I laugh, ironically. We have all murdered someone, yet we get disgusted at the thought. "The only way we get out of here is being able to see. We have two options. Wait this out, or move from tree to tree trying to get out of this hellhole." Everyone looks to the next person, all trying to decide what to do. Finally, Beetee speaks up.

"We shouldn't just sit here. Anything could happen and there's a chance it might not stop." We all nod. I look over to Wiress, she seems to be shaking a bit and has been silent.

"Wiress, are you okay?" I ask worriedly.

"She's just in shock," Beetee answers me quickly.

"Let's get going, we all need to move in a group. The force field is that way," I say while pointing,

"So we need to move in that direction." I point again.

Slowly, we make our way as a group through the rain, a few drops being let in here and there. I estimate we walk for 30 minutes before the blood slowly trickles to a stop. I look at Johanna quizzically, then lift the leaf ever so slightly. The down pouring of the blood has stopped. We all let the leaves down and begin walking in the same direction, our aim to leave the jungle.