Chapter 6: Feeling

When Washington returned with food the sight he saw was heartbreaking and adorable.

Alexander had climbed on Burr's lap and wrapped himself around the man. Burr (Sir) looked worriedly at his small friend as the boy clung to him. Washington sighs and walks up to them setting the food down on the table.

"Alexander? Are you ready to eat?" he asks tentatively.

Alexander's huge and mildly teary eyes turned to him and then he was making grappy hand at him.

Dear God if the boy knew how much power he held over the general...

Washington immediately opened up his arms so the boy could move to hug him instead. Burr (sir) looked a bit reluctant to let the kid go but he did anyway.

Alex hid his face into the broad chest of the army General. There was nothing wrong with Mr.Burr(sir) but Mr.George felt safe. So right. Nothing could hurt him when he was like this. Protected in Mr.George's arms.

Washington looked down at the small boy in his lap. It didn't look like the kid would let go anytime soon but he was still so young and so skinny and really needed to eat.

So he did something that surprised even himself. He took the fork put some food on it and nudged Alexander a bit till the kid looked at him.

"Son you need to eat," he said and put the fork in front of the boy.

Alex stared at him and then the fork with those huge violet-blue eyes and then hesitantly opened his mouth. He moved the fork in and Alex closed his mouth around it and he ate.

It was so absurd. He was feeding his right-hand man who was a child.

The absurdity was all but forgotten though because then Alexander was staring at him his mouth open and waiting and that was so cute holy mother of all things. Was this how it felt to be a father?

Don't get him wrong he has been a father-like figure to many. He is a father to Alexander now that Alexander was his. But never had he gotten the pleasure of raising one. Never had he taught them to walk or talk. And he never probably will but this was as good as it will get and he will take it.

He was sure he has never had he felt this way. And he was glad. He was glad this was Alexander. Maybe it was a weird circumstance but still. Because He was glad it was his SON he was feeling this with.

But then it hit him. He had always felt this he just never completely understood it.

When his Alexander smiled so sincerely, their quiet moments in the tent sharing stories. When Alexander fools the Congress. Alexander's first birthday as his son.

It was like someone finally gave a name to that feeling inside of him

He has always felt this parental love, the protectiveness, and pride over the boy. Alexander, his Alexander was still young after all and had a lot to learn.

And this feeling. When this young child Alexander was looking at him with that absolute and utter childlike trust and pureness. It was the same and different like someone took all that love and increased it tenfold.

The way he wanted to wrap the boy up and protect him from anything and everything. He wanted to murder the man who had already attempted to stain that innocence. He wanted to enjoy this feeling and when he gets his Alexander back he will love him like he always did and more. He will enjoy watching him advance in life. Find the girl he will love, maybe teach him fishing, be there when he makes mistakes.

He will win this war for Alexander. So they will be free. So Alexander will be free and flourish in the nation they will make.

Alexander was his son and he will love him was he an adult or not. And this...thing that happened only made it more concrete.

He was apparently been starting at Alexander for a while now cause the boy had closed his mouth and tilted his head in question.

"Mr.George?"

Washington blinks and then smiles softly. He fills the fork with food again and as Alexander eats it these small moments were theirs. These small bits where the War was outside their happy bubble. He will enjoy this because he wants this child to feel the love he deserves and he will give it to him. And he will enjoy this cause it won't last forever. He loves this child but he loves his Alexander and he wants him back.

-ω-

I'm sorry this took so long! And so short too...Aaaaaaa!
School is hard and this is my last year before college so it's really important and I really haven't felt like writing for some stupid reason. But I wanted to give a chapter already so here it is!

I liked this chapter some Washingdad thoughts. But it was difficult to make it satisfactory. I wanted to show he loves this child version of Alexander but he also loves the adult one and this won't make him change and wish Alexander was a child again if he gets back to normal.

When he said "His Alexander" it means the Adult Alex.

And the feeling is like from the song giving the name for the word he is looking for:

"Pride is not the word I'm looking for. There is so much more inside me now" that is the feeling. The absolute parental love he couldn't name but was always there. That was hard to write since I do not have a child to feel that way for and also convey the previous point.

This is getting long so as always thank you for reading! Leave a comment and kudos and maybe a prompt. Tumblr @Pinxku22

 Tumblr @Pinxku22