hoseok was completely taken aback. he had no idea what he was going to do.

"here, come with me," he said, leading jungkook to the passenger seat of his car.

-

the two boys drove back to jungkook's house, hoseok just shushing him and rubbing his leg the whole ride home, trying to calm him down.

when they got there, hoseok helped jungkook in and they immediately made there way to the couch.

once hoseok got the boy all wrapped up in a blanket, he powered on the fireplace, and ran to the kitchen to prepare jungkook some hot chocolate.

a few minutes later, hoseok walked back into the living room, two mugs full of chocolatey goodness in his hands.

jungkook's eyes were still red and his face was damp, but he wasn't crying anymore. he was just staring at his fireplace, with a blank expression on his face.

"kook? the hot chocolate is ready," hoseok said, softly, not wanting to scare or upset the fragile boy.

jungkook forced his eyes away from the roaring fire and glanced up at hoseok.

"t-thanks," jungkook said, emotionlessly.

he grabbed one of the mugs and took a quick chug of the hot liquid, feeling as it burned the back of his throat.

"hot?" hoseok asked.

"yeah. it's fine, though. i-it doesn't bother me."

"what?"

"it feels... good. like... a shocking jolt of heat to remind me that i'm still alive," jungkook said, with a sarcastic laugh, taking another sip.

hoseok saw the different emotions pass through the boy.

at first, when he took a swig of the hot chocolate, he just looked empty. then, when his lips left the mug, hoseok could see how angry he looked. he had never seen kook look so upset. and then, all of a sudden, he saw his face soften, tears bottling up in his eyes.

tears just started streaming down his cheeks, until he was practically sobbing.

and hoseok's heart broke even more.

hoseok just grabbed their mugs and set them down, embracing the boy tightly and comforting him as he cried into his chest.

"kook," hoseok said, heartbroken.

"i-i'm sorry," jungkook said, pulling away and trying to calm down, "i don't know what's going on with me."

"i-" hoseok stopped, not wanting to come on too strong, "maybe you should talk about it, kook. it could help you feel better."

jungkook just shook his head, putting his face down to rest in his palms.

hoseok just ran his hand down jungkook's back, frowning.

"you know i would never judge you, right? i only want to help."

"i-i can't," jungkook said, more tears streaming down his cheeks.