I frowned because I knew how badly Amanda was suffering. There was absolutely nothing I could do for her and that about killed me itself. Instead of showing my emotions, I hid the fact that I was dying like her inside.

            “I’ve always loved you, and when I went away, I knew you’d move on, and I’m happy you found someone like Kelly, please don’t hurt her anymore.” She spoke, taking to me again.

            She had told me she knew everything I had done to Kelly, which made me feel guilty because of how I hurt both of them. Amanda had to life with the fact that I was now a cold-hearted monster and I about ruined Kelly’s life. If only I could make it up to them. Then she pulled me down to her, and whispered in my ear so Kelly couldn’t hear.

            “You’re not a terrible person. She may have hated you, but I can see it in her eyes that she wants to forgive you, despite all the wrong you’ve done in your life. Just remember you aren’t a monster.”

            I sat back up nodding, Kelly didn’t question what she said to me and I was thankful for it. It was like Amanda read my mind when she said I wasn’t a monster. I tried to look emotionless as I stared down at my bloodied hands. This wasn’t the first time I had dealt with blood, though I wish it was. Then without even thinking, I lifted my hands from the wound, knowing that more blood would pour out. I wanted to put her out of her misery. The look in her eyes told me she understood and approved of it.

            “I love you, Amanda. He will pay for this, I promise.” Kyle spoke softly, knowing those would be the last words she heard.

            Before dying, she wanted to hear my voice and that’s exactly what she got. I had surprised myself but how calm and collected I was, but that was just the kind of person I was, in any situation I wouldn’t lose my cool. Amanda smiled, just before closing her eyes and taking her final breath. I bowed my head down, ashamed that such a wonderful woman had to die in my arms.

            Kelly had left my side and the only reason I was snapped away from my mourning thoughts was when I heard a punch broke the silence of the air. I turned to see Kelly lunging at Kayden, Robbins standing, letting her get a hold of him. In Robbins’ defense, she was probably shocked by Kelly’s outburst. A small smirked appeared on my face when I saw that she had busted his lip open. That was my girl all right. Kayden’s cocky attitude faded when she had attacked him. I knew I had to stop this though as much as I loved it. I didn’t want Kelly getting hurt.

            “You bastard! Hadn’t you tortured her enough? You’re a monster.” Kelly growled and that’s when I decided to pull her off of him, holding her back away from Kayden.

            Kelly being the size she is was extremely strong, but I’d always known that. She struggled against me, wanting to kill Kayden on the spot, but I wouldn’t allow that. I would make sure Kayden paid for everything, but I was going to be the one to do it. 

            “Calm down, I’ll deal with him.” I whispered in her ear, and I felt her calm down.

            “Remember what I said, Kelly, you’re protecting the wrong person here. He’s just as guilty as I am.” Kayden smirked staring at Kelly who was pushed back behind me.

            I swung my arm back and punched him across the face, making him shut up very quickly. I had come prepared on what I wanted to do with Kayden. I pulled out a rag that was covered in chloroform and shoved it against Kayden’s mouth. Surprisingly, he didn’t resist, and the chemical knocked him out instantly. I slipped my shirt off and tied it around Kayden’s leg to stop the bleeding. As much as I wanted him dead, I didn’t want to let him off the hook that easy. He would suffer before dying. I could see the confusion in Kelly’s eyes and I knew what she was thinking.