Chapter 45: First Date Discussions

Start from the beginning

After a deep sigh, Corciel spoke, "My friend is a demon. He is competitive, and he is loyal."

"Wow, I feel like I know him like the back of my hand now", Alexis said sarcastically as she rolled her eyes.

"You won't get to know him, either of you", Corciel spoke with a sense of finality in his voice, seemingly closing the conversation from further discussion.

Corciel continued after a few seconds of silence, "Your turn, B"

I swallowed in an effort to calm my nerves. No way could I answer that question, but if I did the three facts thing, maybe it would be ok.

I took a breath before I started, "My friend is an angel."

I hesitated as I wondered what else I could say. Did I even know him as well as I thought I did?

I closed my eyes and blurted out the most trivial fact I could think of about him, "He likes chess and he is not a guardian angel."

"There are different types of Angels?", Alexis asked just as I hoped she would.

The smile that came as I answered her was natural, "Yes, Guardian angels, Cupids, Warriors, Curers, Main runners, Archangels and a few others."

"Which kind is your friend?", Corciel asked as he started to park the car.

"Curer, what kind of demon is your friend?", I answered then questioned him, without thinking of the consequences.

"Enforcer, It's kind of like a bodyguard to a Dealer demon. Enforcers make sure that if a deal is broken, the punishment is delivered to all parties", Corciel answered and explained for both mine and Alexis' benefit.

After that Corciel got out of the car and walked around it opening the door for me then Alexis. He helped her out of the car as I got out at the same time, my attention diverted to the building with a colorful flashing sign that said Arcade.

"What kind of demon are you?", I asked realizing that I had no idea even after becoming more comfortable with him than I thought I was capable of.

"He's half Succubi half Tormentor", Alexis answered for Corciel in a casual tone as I stood in shock staring at Corciel in a new light.

Corciel stared back at me and shook his head a little, a clear indication to not share the information I know about Tormentors. Alexis narrowed her eyes at the action, looking between us in a way that indicated she was waiting for an explanation.

Just as Alexis opened her mouth to speak, Corciel demanded, "Ask another first date appropriate question, Doll."

Alexis stared at Corciel in a clear challenge. Corciel stared back at her in an act of dominance.

Alexis was the first to look away with a sigh. She looked down at her phone for a few seconds then she said, "Question number two is what were you like as a kid?"

She looked up from her phone and giggled at the sign before adding cheerily, "Nice, exploring our inner child today through games. Fun."

Corciel scoffed as he started for the entrance, "Keep up that attitude, Doll. It'll help you feel better when you keep losing to me in every game."

I walked over to Alexis' side smiling as I said, "I'm sure together we can beat him at a few games, my love."

Alexis smirked at me as playfully elbowed my arm and said, "I'm going to beat you both, Zar."

"Are you two coming?", Corciel called out as he held the entrance door open for us.

Alexis and I made our way to the entrance, as she walked in she said, "Phrasing, Ceecee."