Secrets

I went back to the common room, to see Harry and Hermione waiting for me. As soon as I entered, they both turned to me with relief on their faces.

"Where've you been?"

"I told you. I went for a walk."

"Gee."

"Ok. I went to the Astronomy tower."

Harry looked at me in shock. He knew about the demons in my head telling me I wasn't good enough. He knew exactly what my intentions were.

"Gee.." He came over and gave me a hug.

"Well, I didn't do it, did I. I had.." I paused. I couldn't tell them I was with Draco all night. "a friend come and talk to me."

"Which friend?"

"Does it matter?"

With that they started talking about the meeting. Apparently, Neville's finally got the hang of Expelliarmus, and they were going over the Patronus charm again.

"Zacharias Smith made a few snide comments about you though." Hermione said.

"Really? What did he say?"

"He said he's glad you and Ron aren't together anymore cause he's always fancied you and he's looking for a good fuck."

I scowled. "Slimy git."

"It's alright though. Ginny hexed him. It was quite funny actually." She giggled.

I turned to Harry. "Now we know why you like her so much."

"Shut up, Gee."

—————————————
The nightly meet-ups with Draco had become a more regular occurrence. He gave me his patrolling schedule, so we met up on those days at around 9:30. He's actually a lot nicer than everyone thinks and he's really funny. Our friendship was a secret one, and it was very exciting.

"Shut up. He did not."

"Yep, boils everywhere. He looked worse than normal. Thing is he's so stupid he believed Blaise and took it without a second thought."

We enjoyed bitching about our friends and teachers. He had just told me about the time Blaise Zabini put Wart Away potion in a cupcake and gave it to Crabbe.

We were practically rolling around on the floor laughing. We had just gotten our breath back when he spoke.

"How've you been, with the whole Ron thing?"

"It's been ok, I guess. I mean, the whole school knows now, so when I'm in the corridors I get either looks of pity, or people shouting insults and/or asking me for a quick fuck."

"I want the names of everyone who's said that to you. I'll beat the shit out of them, I promise." He looked at me seriously. I laughed. What had started off as bullying and mutual hatred was blossoming into a beautiful friendship.

"Ya know, the next Hogsmeade trip's in a few weeks. Do you wanna go together?"

"Sure, that sounds great. But are you sure we should really be seen together, given, well, everything?" I was referring to the rivalry between him and Harry, and Gryffindors and Slytherins.

"No, it's cool. I want people to see me with my coolest friend. And besides, I could use a day where I don't have to deal with the goons, and Pansy trying to flirt with me every five minutes."