Truth

I walked into the Great Hall for breakfast the next day. I was greeted by Harry and Hermione at the Gryffindor table. Ron just scowled at me.

"Hey, guys."

"Hey, Gee."

"You ok? You look a little stressed out." Harry asked me, concerned.

"No, I'm fine. I just have something I need to tell you."

"Sure, what's up."

"I'm ready to tell you guys who I'm dating."

"Oh, awesome. Who is it then?"

I turned round and exited the hall to grab Draco. I held his hand as we walked back up together.

"Hi." He waved at the trio.

They all stared at him in shock. It lasted for a few seconds before Harry broke the silence.

"Haha, very funny, Gee. Where's your actual boyfriend?"

I bit my lip and stared at the floor. I looked back at him and he seemed to realise.

"Are you serious? No. No, absolutely not. There is no way in hell tha..."

"Harry, you can't tell me what to do."

"Yes, I can. I am your brother and you will...."

"Harry."

We all turned to look at him.

"Look, I really love your sister. She's everything to me. I would never do anything to hurt her, I swear."

"Really? Cause Ron made me that promise too."

"I mean it."

"Wait, wait, wait. Hold on. So you sneaking out, you've been going to see him?"

"Yes."

"And the date?" She motioned between us.

"Yes."

"But who was...." She realised as she said it. "Parkinson."

"Yeah."

"So when we went to the DA meeting, you'd gone to see him?"

"No. He showed up a bit later. After that, we agreed to meet up when he was on patrols. We went to Hogsmeade together, and then Parkinson happened, but we've only been really together for a few weeks."

"Ok. But if you hurt my sister, Malfoy, you'll get what's coming to you."

"I understand. But I was kinda hoping we could bury the hatchet, ya know, for Georgia's sake."

"Alright.. Draco." He held his hand out over the table, and Draco took it with a huge smile on his face.

"Hermione, I hope you can forgive me for all the times I called you that word. I'm really sorry."

"I guess, if it's for Georgia, then I forgive you." She got up and gave him a hug.

"Ron?" I looked at him shyly.

"This just proves everything I've been saying for weeks. He's trying to manipulate you. He's gonna bring you over to You-Know-Who's side and use you against us. But I'm not gonna stand for it. I.."

"Thank you, Ron."

"What?"

"I have to thank you. I mean, I know it's kind of horrible for me to say, but if it wasn't for you breaking Georgia's heart, then I never would've plucked up the courage to tell her how I felt. So thanks. And by the way, I wouldn't do that to her. She's everything to me, and I'm not using her for my own personal gain."

Ron just looked at him, stunned. Draco smiled brightly at us.

"Harry. Hermione. Ronald. It's been a pleasure, and thank you for finding it in your hearts to forgive me." He bent down and kissed me softly on the cheek. "I'll see you later, ok?"

"Ok."