Hogsmeade

Harry and Hermione has asked me to go to Hogsmeade with them, but I said I had other plans.

——————————————-
Draco and I were sat in a booth in The Three Broomsticks, drinking Butterbeer, laughing about nothing in particular. We had already gone to Zonko's to look around, and we'd bought enough sweets at Honeydukes to last us a few months. At one point, Harry, Ron, and Hermione came in, ordered Butterbeers, and sat on the opposite side of the pub. Luckily, they hadn't seen us. Draco nudged me slightly.

"How's it going?"

"Slowly going back to being friends. I've stopped ignoring him, if that's what you mean. He and Lavender are official now." I paused. "Ya know, I'd always thought him and Hermione would be cute together."

"Granger? Really?"

"Yeah, even while we were dating. I was worried that he was cheating on me with her, so I'd kind of distanced myself. I'm really insecure about this stuff." He nodded. As well as joking around and taking the piss out of each other, we also talked about real stuff at the Astronomy tower. "I mean, I was half right. It was just with a different girl."

I felt the tears start pricking my eyes. I'd still not really gotten over it. I had loved Ron completely, and he'd thrown it away. Now, I'd started comparing myself to other people more than I used to. My right hand was resting on the table, and I felt someone grab it. I looked over to see Draco giving a small, sad, yet reassuring smile. He gave my hand a squeeze, then wiped the tears from my cheeks.

"Don't cry over him, love. He's not worth it."

We both looked over to where the trio were sat, laughing and joking together.

"Looks like Potter forgave him pretty quickly."

"After about a week. But he made him promise to never hurt me again, and to beat the shit out of anyone who does hurt me."

"That's fair."

I laughed. It was a while before I noticed that Draco had gone quiet, and I turned to look at him. He was staring at me. Well, not staring, per se. Just looking at me with some form of admiration.

"Draco, you ok?"

The next thing to come out of his mouth shocked me completely.

"Can.. can I kiss you?"

Those five words stunned me. Draco Malfoy wants to kiss me? I couldn't believe it. I had realised something about a week ago, but I tried to hide it. It didn't really work but he had been oblivious. I couldn't repress it any longer. I was slowly, but surely, falling in love with Draco Malfoy.

But I still wasn't over Ron. I was confused, and happy, and slightly annoyed all at once.

"Look, Draco, I really like you. But, I just don't think I'm in the right frame of mind to be getting into another relationship right now. I'm really sorry."

"No, it's ok. Don't worry about it." He mumbled, crestfallen. I felt awful.

"We should.. um.. head back up."

"Oh, yeah. Ok." The atmosphere was super awkward, and I felt like crying. I couldn't help but blame Ron. But I couldn't blame him for everything. Besides, he's the reason why we were friends in the first place.