8: Little Miss Priss

He shifted his eyes to the road as he switched lanes then turned them back to me. “So where do you live?”

“Corner of Sumnit and 12th.”

“We’ll go to the food store first then.”

Alone time with some stranger I don’t even know?  Someone who just got done shoving me against a wall. An amazingly attractive someone. . . “What? No.” I said snapping out of the small montage view of Logan that had been flashing through my mind. I had never seen let alone talked to someone as attractive as he.

“I’m driving so unless you want to walk your skinny ass the rest of the way I suggest you stop complaining.”

I have a skinny ass? I wondered and gently played with the hem of my shirt. I should have packed some other clothes, but I didn’t know I would be spending the night in the first place. Did he notice? “Fine.” I grumbled.

Bitter smoke met my nose and I rolled down the window. “You smoke?” he offered extending his cigarette towards me.

“No.”

“Don’t drink, don’t smoke. . . do you do weed?”

I shook my head and laughed. “Nope.”

“Wow.” Logan shook his head and took a long drag on his cigarette. “So you’ve never tried it?”

“Never wanted to. I have enough fun without drinking and drugs.” I shrugged.

Logan laughed loudly his eyes glued on me with amusement. “Well aren’t you little miss priss?”

I sighed and shrugged. “Yeah that’s me.”

We pulled into the parking lot of the Topps foodstore and he parked in an open handicap space. “Don’t look at me like that.” He chuckled and hung one of those blue handicap signs from his rearview mirror.

“Handicap?” I asked eyeing him up and down as we stepped from the car. He looked perfectly fine to me. Better than fine in fact. . .

“Some friend broke his leg over summer so I kept it.” He shrugged and took another long drag on his cigarette.

I walked beside him up towards the store doors. “What exactly are you getting?” I asked looking over at him. My eyes found their way to his lips as he wrapped them around the cigarette and took another long drag.

“Need more drinks.”

“Of course.” I followed him waiting patiently as he loaded my arms with various bottles of alcohol. “Do you really need all this?”

“Yup.” He smiled and grabbed a six pack of raspberry wine coolers. “I’ll keep these on hand in case you decide being dry’s no fun.” He winked at me and I scoffed.

We set the bottles out on the counter and I noticed that it was a girl Cinthy from school who would be our cashier. Just wonderful, one of the elite preps who despised me so would end up being my cashier the day I have an armful of alcoholic beverages. 

“I forgot something just a sec.” Logan informed me before rushing off.

I shifted awkwardly as Cinthy scanned me, a smug smile on her face. “Oh hey Kara.”

“Hi.” I replied setting the rest of the bottles on the counter.

“Always knew this day was coming.” She gave a high pitched giggle as she continued to ring up the bottles. “I mean it was obviously going to happen what with James and you breaking up.”

“Yeah.” I muttered not bothering to defend myself. It was pointless. Come Monday she would have told all her little friends about seeing me already.

“I hope you don’t mind, I threw out that ridiculous box you guys made. I was just tired of seeing it whenever I came over, you know?” Ouch. James and I had painted that box together on our year and a half anniversary.

I nodded. “Oh yeah I can imagine.”

It was obvious I wasn’t going to let her get to me and she gave a displeased hiss before her eyes met mine. “So from James to this guy? What he get you wasted so you’ll actually be good at fucking?” she laughed at her own comment and leaned forward bringing her face near mine. “Or maybe you have to get him wasted to sleep with you?”