4 (PARTY GONE WRONG)

Dorothy got home from work a few hours later

Dorothy got home from work a few hours later. Jenna was dressed and ready to go to Steve's, feeling the anticipation of the party. She wasn't sure if she was going to let her go, especially since everyone was in a panic over Will Byers. With the tequila hidden in her knapsack, Jenna took a deep breath and headed downstairs, finding her mom making herself dinner.

"Hey, sweetie," she greeted Jenna.

"Hey," she replied. "How was your day?"

She looked up at Jenna, her eyebrows furrowed. "Strange. Joyce Byers came in to buy a new phone."

"A new phone? What happened to her old one?"

"No idea, but she needed an advance on it. She sounded desperate." Her mom sighed, getting herself some water. "So, where are you going?"

"What makes you think I'm going somewhere?" Jenna retorted playfully.

"Because you're my daughter, that's why," she replied, grinning. "And you have your knapsack. So, where are you going?"

"Carol's," she lied. "We're working on a project together."

Dorothy gave her a serious look. "Jenna--"

"I'll be careful tonight. Promise."

She nodded in response. "Okay, well, be home by ten."

Jenna was relieved at her answer. "Got it." Right on cue, she heard the sound of a car honking from outside. "See you later!" She rushed out the door and practically ran to Tommy H's car, getting in the back with Janet. "Just in time. My mom didn't suspect a thing."

"Did you bring anything?" Carol asked, turning around to face Jenna.

"You know I did," she responded, smirking as she pulled out the two bottles from her knapsack.

"So, do any of you think Nancy will show up tonight?" Janet asked.

"Well, I doubt she's ever been to a real party before, and she seems to really like Steve..." Jenna answered.

"She better come," Carol said. "Someone has to keep Steve in line," she added jokingly.

"Yes, as if we can't do that ourselves," Janet retorted, rolling her eyes.

With Tommy H's reckless driving, the teenagers got to Steve's house pretty fast. They could already see the lights around the house and the pool were on. The four of them got out of the car and headed inside the house without knocking.

Steve came out and groaned at them. "Thanks for knocking," he stated in a sarcastic tone.

"Do we really need to knock?" Tommy H retorted, grabbing a beer from the refrigerator.

Steve turned to Jenna and raised his eyebrows. "Why am I not surprised you brought tequila?"

"Because I never bring it, that's why. Everyone simply brings it to me." She grinned and placed them on the counter. "Where's Nancy?"